Qihoo 360 Total Security released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Yes web protection only working for internet explorer.
There's two type of web protection. One for which a database is downloaded locally which i think has not been updated for months.
Second which is cloud based. That is detecting new phishing links.
Still i have not seen Qihoo detecting malicious url.

Its buggy. Also some features need to be added and some existing feature need to be improved.
So this only works with IE?

koliko

Level 2
Verified
Dec 21, 2013
I did a quick scan of 499 fresh malware from virussign.

With all engines ON 360TS found 498/499
cloud and qvmII 497/499
cloud and qvmII and avira 498/499
cloud and qvmII and bit defender 497/499
with qvmII and bit defender and avira 440/499 (internet OFF)
with qvmII and avira 440/499 (internet OFF)
with qvmII and bit defender 112/499 (internet OFF)

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
360 TOTAL SECURITY BOOTUP SPEED.jpg

koliko

Level 2
Verified
Dec 21, 2013
tnx to stephentony from wilders
Many of you have wondered what is happening with 360 Total security as far as future improvements or changes in the product. Why would Qihoo develop two products that seem to have loads of overlap. The following is a conversation I had a couple of days ago with Marc Lin from the Qihoo support team. Marc addressed some of the questions concerning not only 360 Total Security, but 360 Internet Security, too. I apologize in advance for not asking every question that has been recently posed about the two products. Marc's time is at a premium so I could only get about 10 minutes. In addition there were questions that I asked which he could not, or didn't want to answer at this point in time. Lastly, I'm not a professional interviewer so forgive me I didn't do a job worthy of David Frost. ;)

stephentony: Marc, can you give us an overview of your new product 360 Total Security?

Marc: Sure. 360 Total Security is our new flagship desktop security product which is more than security, it can also lighten your PC. 360 Total Security offers complete protection against viruses and other type of threats. For example, when you are shopping online,downloading files and browsing webpages, 360 Total Security can protect you from cybercrime. In addition, you can perform the one-click cleanup feature to keep your PC in optimal condition.

stephentony: Many people have asked questions regarding the 5 engines 360 TS runs. Can you break that down for us?

Marc: 360 Total Security mainly has five features. Firstly,the Checkup. Fast checking the overall condition of your computer’s safety and health in one click. It keeps your computer in good shape and helps it to stay healthy by running the checkup periodically. Secondly,is the Virus Scan. Regular virus scans will help you remove threats promptly. This feature integrates five important antivirus engines including the 360 Cloud Engine, Active Defense Engine, QVMII, Avira and Bit Defender that offer you complete protection and the best detection. Thirdly, is Speedup. It can manage and optimize boot-up applications, plug-ins and services. Besides, it can shorten your PC boot time and let it get ready sooner. Forth, is Cleanup. It helps you to save disk space, cleans junks from your computer and makes it run more efficiently. Fifthly, is Protection. TS protects your computer from malware, phishing, backdoor and new types of threats via the fastest and most intelligent cloud technologies.

stephentony: I think everyone is wondering about the apparent degree of overlap between 360 TS and 360 IS. Aside from the addition of the Avira engine and the tune-up and speed-up features in 360 TS there seems to be little difference between the two products.

Marc: Yes, 360 Total Security is our successor product to 360 Internet Security. It’ll replace 360 IS as our main PC security product in the near future. With the Avira engine you will see even better results with no slowdowns of your PC. We know this from our experience with the same 5 engines in the Chinese version, which has been available for quite a time now, but not in English. The Avira engine adds improved protection and cleaning of malware. There are also additional features that will be added to 360 TS in the near future that will make it even better in protecting your PC. Unfortunately I cannot go into those new features right now, but we are very excited about what is planned.

Marc: We’re wondering if there is any possibility that we could have further engagements like this one and maybe Wilders opening a discussion board for 360 Total Security? (A place where users could talk about 360TS. Good or bad things) and feeding back malware samples. (Trendy or top-notch malware that requires a good solution)

stephentony: A thread for 360 TS has already been started and it looks like it will be just as active as the thread for 360 IS has been. Feeding back malware samples is something I'm sure members would do indivually but I don't think that can be done in this forum, but I will look into that.

Marc: Please let us know if what we discussed suffices as we can always answer new questions from members. Maybe feeding us 3 or 4 questions each month based on popularity.

stephentony: Thank you for your time Marc.

Marc: Thank you for your questions and we are looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

So that is it. Again, I didn't have much time and to be honest I was not as prepared with questions as I should have been. If I talk to Marc again down the road I will do a better job.

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Scanning a USB flash took me forever.. Initializing = More than 2minutes. Scanning = Over 1min.

Sadly, its buggy.

p.s : USB drive just had 1 powerpoint file.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
@venustus: The blame still rests on your shoulders. Had you mentioned in your first post that it was still in beta stage, I would have never ever installed it in the first place since betas have bugs. Also, their website doesn't mention it either.

I am now stuck in the middle of nowhere. The only solution to get rid of this nuisance is to do a clean install which I am not going to do.
after installing windows drivers software it is always a good idea to make an image.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Anyone with this problem? Avira and Bitdefender engines not updated windows 8.1 updt 1 all config windows firewall ..
360 In Is the VM updates

Captura de Tela (5).png

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I think 360 IS is much better than 360 TS. They didn't even add the sandbox feature in TS.

hakah

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
Feedback on this software is recommended as it is rather new to me and most of the members I am afraid.
Please elaborate a lot more on its functions and features and how it compare with those normal secuity tools generally used. Many thanks!

sona

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
"FIVE" engines in 360 total! :confused::eek:
But no firewall:mad:.
What kind of total security it is?:mad::mad:
Total security=antivirus+firewall+pc cleanup software.
Internet security=antivirus+firewall.
But 360 IS too has no firewall.
After 3 years there will be 360 extreme security(assuming :D) will be available. But i think there will be no firewall too. Ha! Ha!:D:D

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Feedback on this software is recommended as it is rather new to me and most of the members I am afraid.
Please elaborate a lot more on its functions and features and how it compare with those normal secuity tools generally used. Many thanks!
360 Total Security offers you complete protection against viruses and other new type of threats.

When you shopping on line, downloading files, browsing webpage, 360 Total Security protect you from cybercrime at any moment.

Furthermore, you can perform one-click cleanup feature to keep your PC in optimal condition.

Fast checking the overall condition of your computer's safety and healthy in one click.

Integrated five top award antivirus engines including 360 Cloud Engine / QVMII / Avira and Bitdefender to offer you complete protection and best detection.

Manage and optimize boot-up applications / plug-ins and services. Shorten your PC boot time, let it get ready soon.

Helps you to save disk space, cleans junks from your computer and makes it run more efficiently.

Protect your computer away from malware / phishing / backdoor and new type of threats via fastest and more intelligent cloud technology.

Reactions: nissimezra

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Someone who is using 360 Ts or engines Avira and Bitdefender update or not?

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
"FIVE" engines in 360 total! :confused::eek:
But no firewall:mad:.
What kind of total security it is?:mad::mad:
Total security=antivirus+firewall+pc cleanup software.
Internet security=antivirus+firewall.
But 360 IS too has no firewall.
After 3 years there will be 360 extreme security(assuming :D) will be available. But i think there will be no firewall too. Ha! Ha!:D:D
Yeap, there's no firewall included. Calling it "Total Security" doesn't make any sense.

360 TS/IS with Comodo FW is an awesome combo IMO.

Reactions: sona

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Use 360 IS, for now. :)

Total Security is really promising, but they should add a firewall. I'll switch to 360 TS when it's stable.

Reactions: Lailson
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.