+ Fast Installation
    + Extremely Fast Scanning Speed
    + Very Good Detection Rate
    + Very Good at Zero-Day Protection
    + Free Version
    + Decent Features
    + No Slow Down
CONS
- High Ram Usage (If you enable Avira & Bitdefender Engine)
- Web-Blocking need a lot of work.
BOTTOM LINE
Qihoo 360 Total Security is the best AV(in free version) which provide awesome protection at no cost.
Overall if you have want a decent AV with awesome Protection than just simply Install 360 Total Security.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012

Untitled_1.png

I would surely suggest user to Enable Avira & Bitdefender Engines.

Thanks for Watching
Enjoy :D

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I'm experiencing some problems with it. The program is configured for its "Balanced" setting under "Protection", meaning it should protect downloads and file write events.

But when I download a malware for testing, I get no detection. The file makes it to the download folder. But if I copy the file there, the new copy gets detected.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I contacted their support about the above issue. While we wait, I would like to know why it is that Qihoo offers some updates for Windows, including security-related updates, that I don't normally get from Windows Update itself? Why aren't these updates offered via the regular Windows Update channel?

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I contacted their support about the above issue. While we wait, I would like to know why it is that Qihoo offers some updates for Windows, including security-related updates, that I don't normally get from Windows Update itself? Why aren't these updates offered via the regular Windows Update channel?

I most definitely would not trust any third-party product to deliver Windows Updates.
If updates are no listed on Windows Updates component then your system does not need them.

Installing Windows Updates from third-party products could really cause problems.

Thanks. :D

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I most definitely would not trust any third-party product to deliver Windows Updates.
If updates are no listed on Windows Updates component then your system does not need them.

Installing Windows Updates from third-party products could really cause problems.

Examples:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2555428
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2938782

TS also has a Smart Ignore function to leave out updates that could cause problems. How effective is it? I don't know, but I have been applying those updates for a long time and, so far, no problems.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Oh my... I have been getting updates through 360 TS for the last 2 days! A total of around 6 updates.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Could someone post a screenshot of this Windows Update feature?, I checked the images on Softpedia and there is nothing about this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.