+ Fast Installation
    + Extremely Fast Scanning Speed
    + Very Good Detection Rate
    + Very Good at Zero-Day Protection
    + Free Version
    + Decent Features
    + No Slow Down
CONS
- High Ram Usage (If you enable Avira & Bitdefender Engine)
- Web-Blocking need a lot of work.
BOTTOM LINE
Qihoo 360 Total Security is the best AV(in free version) which provide awesome protection at no cost.
Overall if you have want a decent AV with awesome Protection than just simply Install 360 Total Security.

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
R u sure, brah? Mine get caught by qihoo TS plus qihoo TS always check downloaded files in my system wherever i put the download file :)
15h03o6.jpg
Cool! Which is better qihoo TS or qihoo IS? Currently using qihoo IS:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: Koroke San

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Cool! Which is better qihoo TS or qihoo IS? Currently using qihoo IS:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Better stay with Internet Security. After all it is more ''finalized'' than Total Security and if you see the virus exchange section both version have the same detection ratio, even if Total Security uses 1 more engine. Plus you will free more memory.......

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
On my computer, Total Security is using ~ 100 Mb, I have all engines active and protection set to "Security". The Internet Security is using about 25 - 30 Mb.

Reactions: Malware1

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
TS is using about 30 MB on my pc.

Then Bitdefender or Avira (or both) engines are not enabled.
1) Click on the ''virus scan'' tab and see if bitdefender and avira icons are colored or grey
2) if they are not colored (which means ''active'') then click on ''protection'' tab and click on the right big green button ''Switch Mode''
Set it to ''security'' or ''custom'' if you like to customize your security level/memory usage.

;)

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Both engines are enabled. I used Task Manager/ Performance & it was around 30 MB. Maybe this is the wrong way to check? Under processes it says its using 13,232 K.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Both engines are enabled. I used Task Manager/ Performance & it was around 30 MB. Maybe this is the wrong way to check? Under processes it says its using 13,232 K.

This is impossible.......TS + both engines are more than 100Mb of ram.
Can you please upload a pic of your taskmanager (to my profile) so i can tell you what is going on?

Reactions: marg

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Then Bitdefender or Avira (or both) engines are not enabled.
1) Click on the ''virus scan'' tab and see if bitdefender and avira icons are colored or grey
2) if they are not colored (which means ''active'') then click on ''protection'' tab and click on the right big green button ''Switch Mode''
Set it to ''security'' or ''custom'' if you like to customize your security level/memory usage.

;)
nope sometimes 360 TS use less memory consumption. Right now mine is using around 22 MB only coz qihoo TS is in idle state i guess.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
can u check ur paging file usage? mine is taking around 4800, quite high :)

Reactions: MrExplorer

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Sorry Mike I don't know how to do that. Koroke San describes whats going on in my PC. It will fluctuate between 44% to 27% depending on what going on. I only have 1 app & thats Ccleaner.

can u check ur paging file usage? mine is taking around 4800, quite high :)
How do I do that?

Paging File size depend on the amount of ram in your system. I used to have more than 8GB as my ram is 8 GB.
My total installed Ram is 3MB if that helps?

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I have also 8GB of ram, but in my machine it was using about 178MB (all engines active). On idle it dropped to approximately 100MB

Reactions: marg and MrExplorer
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.