+ Fast Installation
    + Extremely Fast Scanning Speed
    + Very Good Detection Rate
    + Very Good at Zero-Day Protection
    + Free Version
    + Decent Features
    + No Slow Down
CONS
- High Ram Usage (If you enable Avira & Bitdefender Engine)
- Web-Blocking need a lot of work.
BOTTOM LINE
Qihoo 360 Total Security is the best AV(in free version) which provide awesome protection at no cost.
Overall if you have want a decent AV with awesome Protection than just simply Install 360 Total Security.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Could someone post a screenshot of this Windows Update feature?, I checked the images on Softpedia and there is nothing about this feature.

Thanks. :D

Purrint012.png
Purrint013.png

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
just a stupid question here does both have a firewall or do have to use say (crappy windows firewall)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
They are the same. I don't think 360 AV is going to destroy their reputation by doing bad downloads from Microsoft. Word spreads quickly if their is something fishy going on IMO.
I did some checking it appears that Qihoo 360 Total Security is using Windows Update Agent API which is like a plugin to Windows Update component. Because it will do the same thing and should be safe to use. This could be helpful to users who ignore Windows Updates or for some reason don't have them enabled to default.

Enjoy!! :D

just a stupid question here does both have a firewall or do have to use say (crappy windows firewall)
Windows Firewall is not crappy unless you are still using Windows XP.
Since Vista, Windows Firewall has improved a lot and is sufficient.

Thanks. :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Thanks, I would suggest them to add ESET's Database, The lightest database. :D
Does ESET even license their AV engine? that would be a much better option than BitDefender.
I believe the main reason so many other AV products use BitDefender is that get a very cheap price for license, it is not because it is the best engine.

Enjoy!! :D

D

Deleted member 178

I believe the main reason so many other AV products use BitDefender is that get a very cheap price for license, it is not because it is the best engine.

unofficial reason: "yeah i saved cash for my company, it cost almost nothing to implement, no need dozen of devs"
official reason: "BD afford us a top notch detection engine with a large signature database , its quality is renowned and proven by tests made by rigorous labs such AV-C , AV-Test and Vbulletin, by implementing it in our AV , we will assure our customers to have 100% protection against malwares"

CNJJ

Level 1
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hello
I tried the antivirus Quihoo 360 total, but I must mention
This program has a lot of false positives, up files
windows analyzes as a threat and that if you delete the quarantined pc god.
In my humble opinion I do not recommend this type of program.
Instead I recommend Comodo Internet Security the Vers. 7 (Widely superior to any
antivirus market)
Soon.

Reactions: Littlebits

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
^ Tiranium fans? no? okay :confused::(

Qihoo get me crazy with 150 alerts for one file + scan launch automatically on my VM:mad:

Reactions: xxtoss23

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I'm experiencing some problems with it. The program is configured for its "Balanced" setting under "Protection", meaning it should protect downloads and file write events.

But when I download a malware for testing, I get no detection. The file makes it to the download folder. But if I copy the file there, the new copy gets detected.
R u sure, brah? Mine get caught by qihoo TS plus qihoo TS always check downloaded files in my system wherever i put the download file :)
15h03o6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.