Malware Hub Report Qihoo 360 TS - April 2020 Report

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
At the moment of my dynamic test Cloud Analysis verdict was very ambiguous, probably later They corrected it:

View attachment 236575

Update: in fact now it is already detected as Trojan...
They usually have fast results in the cloud. And the signatures is fast enough. But if you want to stay secure with 360 TS you must run all the unknown files to sandbox. And with one good web extension , because 360 extension is rubbish is very secure.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Jerry.Lin:

I've just re installed Qihoo 360 and again got this:

VT.pngVT2.pngVT3.png

But after the 1st reboot again that setting disappeared:

VT4.png

So will see in the next malware dynamic test when get warnings if is finally enabled or not :unsure:...

Jerry.Lin

Level 2
Verified
Apr 27, 2018
@Jerry.Lin:

I've just re installed Qihoo 360 and again got this:

View attachment 236636View attachment 236637View attachment 236638

But after the 1st reboot again that setting disappeared:

View attachment 236639

So will see in the next malware dynamic test when get warnings if is finally enabled or not :unsure:...
Probably not...:oops:... This is not usual... i will try to contact them if possible.

Can you export your system info for both your host and VM?
Win+R->Run->msinfo32->menu->file->export

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I will test again Kaspersky when new K2021 was released, probably in a few months :) ...

Anyway I have been posting some Kaspersky tests with some of the recent special samples posted in the Hub, also posted some tweaks and coming a new guide with tweaks...

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.