Advice Request Qs about Factory Resetting phones?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Your phone is running 24/7/365 with multiple system firmware updates, numerous app installs and uninstalls as well as all their updates. Overall a lot goes on.

Does factory resetting phones help:
- improve OS stability after long periods of time?
- reduce the total number of apps installed and app data? (i.e. how many times are apps uninstalled and have left data on the device)
- eliminates any bad configurations from previous borked updates?

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Majority of phones today have too many bloatware apps and services installed by default.

I would personally use a Android Debloater to remove unnecessary apps and services from my phone
to speed it up.

Which is not the best solution for most users but gives the best results from my experience.

I only do a factory reset if I mess things up. :ROFLMAO:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.