Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I am wanting to change my PayPal settings. Right now I only have access to a phone and not a computer. When I go to PayPal and try to login it takes me to the eBay login. When I successfully login at eBay I'm on the eBay mobile website, and PayPal is absolutely nowhere to be found. So how am I ever supposed to change my PayPal settings?

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I am wanting to change my PayPal settings. Right now I only have access to a phone and not a computer. When I go to PayPal and try to login it takes me to the eBay login. When I successfully login at eBay I'm on the eBay mobile website, and PayPal is absolutely nowhere to be found. So how am I ever supposed to change my PayPal settings?
This is not a good sign and not a normal behaviour. I advise you to not login to PayPal from your phone and try to access it from your PC. Your account might be hijacked. Try to run an AV on your phone and scan it also with browser protection.
You could also install PayPal app from the store and try to access it from within the app.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
This is not a good sign and not a normal behaviour.

It sounds that way to me too.
Thank you very much. Installing the PayPal app did the job Indeed.

My mobile AV is Lookout (by AT&T). That is what came pre-installed I don't know how good it is. I just ran a new scan that pronounced things clean.

I would download Bitdefender free (very lightweight) and scan your phone again, based on what you describe. If it comes up clean you can uninstall it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.