Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Yeah I also hate the splash screen and it takes a couple of secs to load.The slow loading of the GUI is for me the reason not to use McAfee anymore. I can not stand when i want to open a GUI and have to wait.
I know can press the home icon, but thats not the solution for me.
With me more than 40 seconds.. Couple of seconds should be oke.Yeah I also hate the splash screen and it takes a couple of secs to load.
McAfee takes 40 sec to open?With me more than 40 seconds.. Couple of seconds should be oke.
ESET no issues at all.
What yuo running, HDD or SSD?With me more than 40 seconds.. Couple of seconds should be oke.
ESET no issues at all.
Nice. I thought the VPN is only on the. highest tier. Seems the mid tier of Mc IS have that and maybe not included in the lowest tier of Mc AV
Yes full scan took 37 mins on a clean system scan here. It seems the full scan of McAfee is complex.Opening the McAfee GUI takes me only about 2-3 seconds. However, a full scan takes an incredibly long time. I started a full scan in the evening, and by the next morning, only 67% had scanned. Some files took several seconds to scan, so I gave up and ended the scan. The quick scan, on the other hand, is really fast.
McAfee UI took about 2 secs to launch no matter how many times you launch it. That was not a big deal nor a major issue as one does not need to open the UI more than a couple of times per day.About the UI, McAfee uses the evergreen (already-installed) version of WebView. I suggest that you try and check for web view updates, Windows Update should typically install these.
In addition, maybe try and clear the Edge cache.
The speed issue is not caused by WebView2, it is either environmental or McAfee-related. Because not everyone seems to be having it, I am leaning more towards environmental.
About the scan, complex doesn't even describe it, a multitude of engines is called on all files, and all decisions are combined in a matrix.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes