Battle Quickheal Internet Security V/s Avast Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Ok I have license key of Quickheal and Avast IS. So which one should I use. I would really like comments from users who have used Quickheal. Also I will install SAS pro alongside quickheal. Also can you recommend a free HIPS/ Anti keylogger software.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
malbky said:
where you can get Avast IS. Thanks.
Its depend on which city you live and you can get good deal with local shop and from online you can buy in cheap rate that is around 845 rs or $16.
From shop you can get it nearby 650-700 rs that is $12 but be awre and buy from genuine shop only.
You can buy it from flipkart or look around some giveaway on forums and blogs:p

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Lol, Stranger you are wrong Quickheal initial update is about 10-20mb. Yes it has a huge installer though. Here is a formula
Greater the Installer size=lesser the initial update size. I have used a lot of Avs and always this held true. You did not tell me from where I can buy Avast.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
malbky said:
Lol, Stranger you are wrong Quickheal initial update is about 10-20mb. Yes it has a huge installer though. Here is a formula
Greater the Installer size=lesser the initial update size. I have used a lot of Avs and always this held true. You did not tell me from where I can buy Avast.

want to buy online?
or retail shop then in which city you belong

may be 10-20 mb as i haven't tried it from long time.
Have you notice one thing that its offline installer don't work from few months and you have to fresh download whole installer to use trial

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Hmm bad news for Avast, considerably slows my browsing on certain sites. It even blocks my own forum from loading. www.geekytrix.com Suddenly it has now started to load properly. Dont know whats wrong with Avast.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
malbky said:
Hmm bad news for Avast, considerably slows my browsing on certain sites. It even blocks my own forum from loading. www.geekytrix.com Suddenly it has now started to load properly. Dont know whats wrong with Avast.

Your site is down. I can't access it only your domain host.

Update: Got it working I have to go to the Adress bar and enter the URL. Just clicking on it won't work for me.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
i can go to your site with avast on my machine right now
I agree avast have become some what heavy with version 7 but the best way to make it light is make a full scan,make boot scan and have avast on your machine for day and when avast will become familiar with other software and files on computer it will become light and superfast with no slow down.

P

Plexx

Try McAfee! No Seriously, give it a go before I finish my review!:angel:

To be honest, just because I got ESET at the moment, I am still unsure about my main AV.

Thinking of CAV once again and try to figure it out why has conflict with Intel's Turbo Boost, Avira Free with tweaked settings, AVG (currently test running it on another system in real life usage) and the list goes on...

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Biozfear said:
One wise man once said: You will never know until you try it.

I have tried it and its Horrible
I dont dare to try it even it had become better in terms of detection than bitdefnder light than webroot and have more features than avast :p

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
Biozfear said:
One wise man once said: You will never know until you try it.

I have tried it and its Horrible
I dont dare to try it even it had become better in terms of detection than bitdefnder light than webroot and have more features than avast :p

Lets be honest: It is not that bad...:s

I always like to keep a positive mind....

Suppose I better start the test...

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Biozfear said:

Now you have messed all your machine while testing malware with mcafee on your system I am waiting for you to repair the machine and post your feedback:D

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
Biozfear said:

Now you have messed all your machine while testing malware with mcafee on your system I am waiting for you to repair the machine and post your feedback:D

Don't even mention.... It is more work to get it working again to even just retrieve the screenshots. I should have saved on host like Earth suggested last time...

Problem is that I didn't take a snapshop prior to testing.... pff.

Nevertheless, It is not McAfee's fault. Had that same type of problem already on two reviews. Sure it does not simulate accurately real world usage but then again I do not count those incidents (unless it is not zero day) in the reviews:)

I should have just gone and done a video review instead :p

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
McAfee is not that bad but its a resource hog. Ok I have the following Internet Security Suites
1. Quickheal 2. AVG 3. Vipre which one should i go for?
Thanks.
Last time AVG gave me false alerts about intrusion attempts.

P

Plexx

malbky said:
McAfee is not that bad but its a resource hog. Ok I have the following Internet Security Suites
1. Quickheal 2. AVG 3. Vipre which one should i go for?
Thanks.
Last time AVG gave me false alerts about intrusion attempts.

Out of the 3? VIPRE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.