Battle Quickheal Internet Security V/s Avast Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Ok I have license key of Quickheal and Avast IS. So which one should I use. I would really like comments from users who have used Quickheal. Also I will install SAS pro alongside quickheal. Also can you recommend a free HIPS/ Anti keylogger software.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
malbky said:
Umbra is clearcloud provided with Vipre? I have never seen an option for clearcloud. Any way installing Vipre.
After seeing review by Biozfear I think vipre will be best choice for you
Vipre have lots of good features and detection rate is very-very good.
The only issue is False positive sometimes

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Avast does have a little slowdown. Should I stay with it or go with Vipre. Serious opinion. Pls also include why do you want me to pick a particular option.

P

Plexx

Their HIPS was a bit of a pain but nothing I couldn't handle.

They still didn't improve much on their second revision. I suppose I could do a video test on VIPRE or do it along with a text based review.

Lets see.

P

Plexx

umbrapolaris said:
As it name said "Quick Heal" so don't expect something extraordinary :p ok i leave...

"Quick Heal" with over 300MB installer.... Got to be the biggest installer I came across if memory serves me right...

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Nope Gdata is far bigger. Even Trustport beats it with 2MBs. A decent firewall. Nothing great. I seriously suspect that it has a firewall or not. Stranger just dont bash any AV products. Its not a third grade crap. It has been tested and awarded by ICSA and VB100. It is also recommended by MS.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
malbky said:
Nope Gdata is far bigger. Even Trustport beats it with 2MBs. A decent firewall. Nothing great. I seriously suspect that it has a firewall or not. Stranger just dont bash any AV products. Its not a third grade crap. It has been tested and awarded by ICSA and VB100. It is also recommended by MS.

I don't bash any product and I am fan of quickheal (for other matter which i cannot mention here)
quickheal av/antimalware have good detection rate
very light on system

but its firewall,I still maintain I haven't seen such poor firewall in my life not even 5-7 years back

D

Deleted member 178

Stranger said:
I don't bash any product and I am fan of quickheal (for other matter which i cannot mention here)

Shares? free lifetime-licenses? the CEO is member of your family? You are the CEO !? or the CEO will be your father-in-law? :D

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Stranger said:

Shares? free lifetime-licenses? the CEO is member of your family? You are the CEO !? or the CEO will be your father-in-law? :D

lol good reason to love it but its some personal reason so i am not sharing it

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
malbky said:

quickheal av/antimalware have good detection rate
very light on system

Test and awards I can understand but then we have several issues at hand.
On my review, I used malware packs of 26th and 27th of July. Test was conducted on the 29th of July. Detection rate was rather poor.
Apparent system slowdowns upon launching applications was witnessed on the machine.
Not so sure about being light either. It ain't heavy but it ain't light either.
As for the good detection rate Stranger refers to: Are we speaking globally or regionally?

As for the firewall, like I said, it felt like it didn't exist.

Nevertheless it does have potential for other regions, but they need to make some improvements.

Not bashing the product, but just my opinion based on the observations made during the test and the previous test runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.