Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I accidently stumbled across v19.00 of their product, being an active user of v18.00.
Across their Facebook page, I learned about their blog article on new Win10 v2004, and that both v18.00 (for existing users) is compatible, but shall be updated and PC rebooted before installing Win10 v2004, and for new users, v19.00 shall be freshly installed.
Anmerkung 2020-05-29 144647.jpg
I updated the software yesterday, I wasn't offered v19 yet.
It's not advertised yet.

You can download it from their webpage.

As for Internet Security v19.00, I cannot spot a difference apart from the GUI, however I'm not sure whether the WiFi scanner was in v18.00 also.

Clicking on the buttons, it opens the well known sub-menus.
(User Feedback - Quick Heal Antivirus Pro v18.00 - A review by Der.Reisende)
Anti-Keylogger is off by default like it was in the previous versions, I highly recommend turning it on.
1590757142036.png1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I installed it a few days ago. It has to be manually installed and you are required to manually uninstall the previous version first.

Aside from the changes in the UI, as far as I can tell, it seems to be basically the same as the v18 and it still only using its own signatures.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Latest (English language) release is v19.00, 12.1.1.4 (most likely the same for x64 and x32 releases), 7th July.
There is no changelog available.

Note I did not get it offered via update check, I had to download it manually from their webpage (if you enter a valid key here, you'll be offered the related installer).
Trial also available here: Download

You need to uninstall the current installed release before being able to install the new one.
Make sure to check the option to keep the installation files like product key etc., it will autodetect them to register the upgraded version.

Note that your custom settings are gone unfortunately, make sure to re-enable them personally.

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
ts-is-pro-boxes.png

Experience the Power of 3 with Quick Heal 2020

The digital landscape of the world is changing rapidly. To keep up with the changing times, cybersecurity needs to be robust and intelligent, so that they can adapt to the changing digital habits of today's customers.

Keeping this in mind, Quick Heal 2020 has come up with new and power-packed features that will not only protect you from cyber threats but will also secure your privacy online, while making sure the performance of your digital asset is never compromised.

Quick Heal 2020 at a Glance

• Wi-Fi Scanner - scans your router for any security threats or vulnerabilities
  • Game Booster - enhances your gaming experience without slowing down your device
  • Anti Tracker- protects you from websites that can track your online activities and spy on you
  • Smart Scan- faster scans that do not slow down your PC
  • Enhanced User Interface – easy to use interface with a dashboard view that has everything at your fingertips
  • Safe Banking – secures your information while you transact online
  • Parental Control- blocks websites and applications not suitable for kids

Quick Heal 2020

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
ts-is-pro-boxes.png

Experience the Power of 3 with Quick Heal 2020

The digital landscape of the world is changing rapidly. To keep up with the changing times, cybersecurity needs to be robust and intelligent, so that they can adapt to the changing digital habits of today's customers.

Keeping this in mind, Quick Heal 2020 has come up with new and power-packed features that will not only protect you from cyber threats but will also secure your privacy online, while making sure the performance of your digital asset is never compromised.

Quick Heal 2020 at a Glance

• Wi-Fi Scanner - scans your router for any security threats or vulnerabilities
  • Game Booster - enhances your gaming experience without slowing down your device
  • Anti Tracker- protects you from websites that can track your online activities and spy on you
  • Smart Scan- faster scans that do not slow down your PC
  • Enhanced User Interface – easy to use interface with a dashboard view that has everything at your fingertips
  • Safe Banking – secures your information while you transact online
  • Parental Control- blocks websites and applications not suitable for kids

Quick Heal 2020
Thank you for sharing!
It should be the product I shared screenshots initially.
I wonder why they silently released it initially?

Maybe still current v12.1.1.4 brought some more fixes (checked yesterday for current release).

P.S. Apart from a few more functions (like Webcam protection, Data Safe and some tuning tools), both IS and TS feel and look the same (different color scheme obviously), have TS installed on a PC shared with my mum.

EDIT:
Is it just me, or anyone else thinks the new UI needs some time getting used to?

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
Thank you for sharing!
It should be the product I shared screenshots initially.
I wonder why they silently released it initially?

Maybe still current v12.1.1.4 brought some more fixes (checked yesterday for current release).

P.S. Apart from a few more functions (like Webcam protection, Data Safe and some tuning tools), both IS and TS feel and look the same (different color scheme obviously), have TS installed on a PC shared with my mum.

EDIT:
Is it just me, or anyone else thinks the new UI needs some time getting used to?
Where did you buy license ?

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Where did you buy license ?
Here:

If you already purchased before, choose renew for a small discount.

Got IS for €28.81 incl German VAT.
TS is too expensive for what it does compared to IS IMO.

By chance, I found a brand new boxed version of QH TS on eBay (for €14.49 incl shipping), by a private seller.
Though it was an older release (I don’t think it is still distributed offline in Germany), the key in the box worked flawlessly.
Entered on QH website, it offered me the latest release, which could be activated without hassle.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Latest (English language) release is v19.00, 12.1.1.4 (most likely the same for x64 and x32 releases), 7th July.
There is no changelog available.

Note I did not get it offered via update check, I had to download it manually from their webpage (if you enter a valid key here, you'll be offered the related installer).

You need to uninstall the current installed release before being able to install the new one.
Make sure to check the option to keep the installation files like product key etc., it will autodetect them to register the upgraded version.

Note that your custom settings are gone unfortunately, make sure to re-enable them personally.
Now (Nov 30) we are @ v19.00, 12.1.1.16 (before v19.00, 12.1.1.11), either x32 or x64, seems to be one installer.

Again, no notification on the upgrade, and no in-app upgrade possible, need to install the old version.
All is reset to default settings.
However, it can keep the definition files, logs and the key, so you can smoothly reactivate it, it will autodetect the license.

No changelog, no visible differences.

Installers available @
(if you enter a valid key here, you'll be offered the related installer).

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Any updates?

According to their page, nothing worth mentioning.
They update it from time to time - multiple times a year, no changelog or visible changes and with no option to do it in-app, but with the need to find out on your own that a new release is there (haven‘t seen any notification despite an option), and to reinstall by the time of review).
Haven‘t used it for more than half a year, I do have only one machine.

Latest release was on 1st September:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I installed it out of curiousity, was possible inside ShadowDefender environment, it did not detected the installation of Huorong IS, I exited it (Huorong) though.
Actually the version jumped to v22 (!!!), I don't know when there have been v20 + v21? The build seems v13 though (full: 22.00 (13.1.0.2), 64-bit).

Changes seem to be under the hood, the UI remains unchanged IMO (this is Antivirus Pro, the smallest version). The installer is much more modern however, and way faster. The "Protection" tab has a new design.

1.png2.png3.png

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Here's a quick test with samples collected yesterday / right before the test ("Downloads"):
I set Firewall level to High (highest level before "block all"), and to "only allow trustworthy programs". Also Anti-Keylogger was turned on, Advance DNAScan (=special Behavior Blocker) was set to High (highest level).
While outbounds were allowed whenever a warning appeared (it does remember the decision for the program, so if wscript is allowed, it will always be), Advance DNAScan BB alerts were answered with "Block".

Check the screenshots and forge your own opinion 🤮

(Note that Huorong did at least block ALL outbounds, it does not save decisions by default, and most AutoRuns, did not check todays samples yet however.)

run1.pngrun2.pngrun3.pngrun4.pngrun5.pngrun6.pngrun7.pngrun8.pngrun9.pngrun10.pngrun11.pngrun12.png

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
Here's a quick test with samples collected yesterday / right before the test ("Downloads"):
I set Firewall level to High (highest level before "block all"), and to "only allow trustworthy programs". Also Anti-Keylogger was turned on, Advance DNAScan (=special Behavior Blocker) was set to High (highest level).
While outbounds were allowed whenever a warning appeared (it does remember the decision for the program, so if wscript is allowed, it will always be), Advance DNAScan BB alerts were answered with "Block".

Check the screenshots and forge your own opinion 🤮

(Note that Huorong did at least block ALL outbounds, it does not save decisions by default, and most AutoRuns, did not check todays samples yet however.)

are there any changes in antivirus engines ? What are the changes in the new version ?

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
are there any changes in antivirus engines ? What are the changes in the new version ?
Installer says improved Anti-Ransomware.
Apart from that, I don’t think they implemented the AI-Learning module from Sequrite (Enterprise AV) yet.
Maybe one should run some exe against it in the HUB?

Apart from that, they seem to still use their own „mediocre“ engine, they dropped Bitdefender years ago (was part of Total Security only anyway).

No changelog, or any notification on their page that they released a new version.

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
Installer says improved Anti-Ransomware.
Apart from that, I don’t think they implemented the AI-Learning module from Sequrite (Enterprise AV) yet.
Maybe one should run some exe against it in the HUB?

Apart from that, they seem to still use their own „mediocre“ engine, they dropped Bitdefender years ago (was part of Total Security only anyway).

No changelog, or any notification on their page that they released a new version.
I bought it for 1 year from amazon.in . as you said, there is no news about the new version on its website.when I want to download the program, it downloads the v19 version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.