UFW Firewall
- Incoming set to deny
- Outgoing set to allow
Apparmor /Firejail
Set Cloned MAC address to random for WiFi
Maldet+Inotify
Rkhunter
Chkrootkit
Fail2Ban
Disabled Cups
Disabled Avahi
mild kernel and system hardening
12/17/2025
- ClamAV integration with LMD( Linux Malware Detect ) little too much on resources so removed, but that's what testing and learning is all about!
Chrome on Windows 11 (wife's laptop) is a bit faster (18.9) than Brave on Linux Mint (18.5) on identical laptops (mine Linux Mint) with same extensions. That said Brave runs in flatpak.
Geez, I tried everything to install ClamAV Integrated with LMD (Linux Malware Detect) and couldn't do it, which was frustrating for me. You managed to install and configure it and now you've ended up removing it from your Linux system, as you mentioned in your post #37, due to the consumption of resources on your system. I understand. Since I couldn't do it, I'll make a backup image of my Linux distro on this machine first, and then I'll format it and install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. In the future, maybe I'll come back to using Linux. Thank you for sharing all your tips on integrating ClamAV with LMD.
Recently browsing
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes