Advanced Security rashmi's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Apr 4, 2025
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Microsoft Defender
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Hard_Configurator (Recommended)
ConfigureDefender (High)
FirewallHardening (Recommended H_C)

Windows Defender Firewall: Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed apps
Periodic malware scanners
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Chrome
Edge
uBlock Origin Lite
McAfee WebAdvisor
Secure DNS
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
HideAway
Password and passkey manager
Sticky Password
File and photo backups
Copy-Paste
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Hasleo
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Requesting and accepting remote access
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
HP Pavilion
8 GB RAM
500 GB HDD
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

I don't use cloud features and have multiple backups, including a physical one.
I used to keep my password vault offline, but that was very inconvenient for me. Now I'm using Dashlane and Enpass.
I love Sticky Password, but it seems dead to me. I know they update the software every now and then, but no real progress.

For me the most important feature in a password manager is custom fields and that is available on only Enpass and Bitwarden as far as I know (and Keepass)
 
I also use Enpass and have Password Boss; Enpass works well, and Password Boss discontinued the installer version and is now extension only.
I tried Password Boss once, but I did not trust it. I don't trust Enpass either nor Sticky Password as they tend not to undergo security audits as frequently as Dashlane and 1Password.

I've been very busy to the point I did not check latest updates, but as far as I remember, Dashlane is heading towards being open source.
 
I still use Process Lasso, many feel its needed & as this is a pretty fast PC with plenty of memory (64 GIG) Corsair @3600 MHz maybe there aren't many reasons to use it, but I do, I've experimented & find when copying gigantic files over to external drives (TB's) it does run smoother is the best I can say, I have the option of disabling it & running frankly with Win 11 pro MS in their infinite wisdom should be able to sort out memory etc, however in my case I prefer life with it than without it.
 
Testing Process Lasso; it seems to work! I notice a significant difference with Vivaldi, which launches slowly on my old HDD system.
@Sorrento Both of you, how do you use it? Just install and forget and let Pro Balance do its thing or do you change something manually? I heard about it many times in the past but never tried it.
 
I still use Process Lasso, many feel its needed & as this is a pretty fast PC with plenty of memory (64 GIG) Corsair @3600 MHz maybe there aren't many reasons to use it, but I do, I've experimented & find when copying gigantic files over to external drives (TB's) it does run smoother is the best I can say, I have the option of disabling it & running frankly with Win 11 pro MS in their infinite wisdom should be able to sort out memory etc, however in my case I prefer life with it than without it.
No matter how fast your setup or laptop is, Process Lasso always makes a difference. It just keeps things running smoothly. I'm not sure if that can be technically proven, but that's how it feels on every single device I use it on.


I should note that I had issues with it on AMD CPUs. Running PL on AMD powered devices resulted in degraded performance in my experience.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top