Razer DeathAdder V2 vs DeathAdder Elite Review

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Hi guys, I have Razer DeathAdder Elite and was wondering if it's better to get the Razer DeathAdder V2.
I don't do gaming on my PC. But I care for ergonomics mostly.
By the way, I read this as well:

Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Sorry for the late reply. I have the V2, it's nice, but not my favorite mouse due to the larger size. If it fits your hand, it's a much better mouse than the Elite, clicks are nice, optical switches are nice. I'm not a fan of Razer at all though, and much rather use a Roccat Kone Pure Ultra, Xtrfy M4, or the Xtrfy M42 (if you like Ambi mice).

Reactions: amirr and Nevi

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Sorry for the late reply. I have the V2, it's nice, but not my favorite mouse due to the larger size. If it fits your hand, it's a much better mouse than the Elite, clicks are nice, optical switches are nice. I'm not a fan of Razer at all though, and much rather use a Roccat Kone Pure Ultra, Xtrfy M4, or the Xtrfy M42 (if you like Ambi mice).
Thanks for your input. The write on the Reddit link I mentioned says this:

"The scroll wheel is worse. Specifically the surface. The scroll wheel on both the V2 and the Elite has a rubber surface. On the V2 the rubber surface is smoother and for me it doesn't feel nice at all. The Elite has these circular "bumps" and it felt nicer, because of the indentation. The scrolling itself hasn't changed a lot, but the scroll wheel on the Elite was better for me."

What's your take on that?

Reactions: Nevi

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
I can't compare it to the elite, as I never used one. I can say that the scroll wheel is the least offensive thing about the mouse, but I wouldn't say it's "good". It just... is. Now, you take the scroll wheel on the Roccat KPU or the Burst Pro? THAT is a scroll wheel you can fall in love with.

Reactions: Nevi and amirr

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
So overall, your experience with DeathAdder V2 is great, right?

Reactions: Nevi

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Never said that. To me, it's an average mouse. There are much better options out there, IMHO.

Though if you enjoy the Elite, the V2 is a very safe purchase.

Reactions: amirr and Nevi

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Thank you. Yes, I really like DeathAdder Elite, beyond words.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Never said that. To me, it's an average mouse. There are much better options out there, IMHO.

Though if you enjoy the Elite, the V2 is a very safe purchase.
I got the V2, its way better than the Elite. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: entropism

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I had an original deathadder I liked, but it developed the double click issue after a few years. I tried a Logitech g403 instead and love it. It has very similar ergonomics. I’ve been using it for 3 or 4 years now.

Reactions: amirr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.