Real-World Protection Test February 2017

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Every month (from February to June and from July to November) we update the charts on our website showing the protection rates of the various tested products over the various months. The interactive charts can be found on our website 2 . The chart below shows only the protection scores for the month of FEBRUARY 2017 (383 test cases). The results of the false-positives test are also shown in the monthly factsheets/graph below.

Capture.PNG

Full report
https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/avc_factsheet2017_02.pdf

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
CrowdStrike? Is this a new company or a revamped one?
They're one of these "next-gen" antivirus vendors that don't rely on signatures. They've been around for a good few years. Believe they were founded in 2011 or 2012 and have been involved in a couple of high profile breach investigations over the years.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
So interesting... All programs had 96% at least and 9 programs got 100%. Such a useful test to decide what to use. I will call this tests antimalware bible from now on.
Oh, this is a real-world test hence this is real life people, get excited.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Panda 100% and no false positives, and there are people who say that Panda is weak,
In the test it was better than Kaspersky, Eset, Norton, Avira and AVG :)

Last edited:

So interesting... All programs had 96% at least and 9 programs got 100%. Such a useful test to decide what to use. I will call this tests antimalware bible from now on.
Oh, this is a real-world test hence this is real life people, get excited.

They don't know when you are being blatantly sarcastic... but I do. :D

"antimalware bible"... LOL :rolleyes:

You have to keep it real simple so others will understand what you are really saying... like... "AV suxx !!"

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
That eScan AV (Cloud) has got my attention, I may give it a look.
Thanks for the post Bora, I get the reports in my inbox but I have
not checked my email for 2 days :p
Sorry guys after a little homework, I changed my mind on trying this ;)
I know a UI does not imply a good or bad product, but that has to be
hands down the ugliest UI I have ever seen for a AV, and the minimal
effort that went into that scares me, nope not trying it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.