Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Panda 100% and no false positives, and there are people who say that Panda is weak,
In the test it was better than Kaspersky, Eset, Norton, Avira and AVG :)

It seems like panda only performs in tests like these, where as it performs poorly when tested in our own malware hub. Whether or not these tests are accurate it's up for you to decide ;)

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I didn't notice avast! actually scored 100%. The remaining 0.3% that falls into "user dependent" is actually Behavior Shield which shows the popup with "Fix automatically" selected by default. I'm advanced user and I'd click ok which would result in a block. Or in other words, as far as I'm concerned, the user dependent in my book (and for me) I count user dependent as correct detection.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I didn't notice avast! actually scored 100%. The remaining 0.3% that falls into "user dependent" is actually Behavior Shield which shows the popup with "Fix automatically" selected by default. I'm advanced user and I'd click ok which would result in a block. Or in other words, as far as I'm concerned, the user dependent in my book (and for me) I count user dependent as correct detection.
Me too because most of users will click Block or something like that in case antivirus ask what to do.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Anyone can interpret the test as they like.What i want to say, is that i'm not surprised by Panda's result. I use Panda Internet Security on one of my machines.It's true that in on-demand scanning it's a bit weak, but in terms of real-time and proactive protection, it's very,very good.:)

Last edited:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Anyone can interpret the test as they like.What i want to say, is that i'm not surprised by Panda's result. I use Panda Internet Security on one of my machines.It's true that in on-demand scanning it's a bit weak, but in terms of real-time and proactive protection, it's a very,very good product.:)
I've used Panda IS on a spare computer for 6 months (giveaway) and lets say I agree with you, very good protection and no problem.
The best test is to use a product yourself ;)

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I agree with the comments about Panda. Been using free version for about three years now. Never had any problems with it and the lightest AV by some margin on my machine. In that time I've tried several other AV's just to see what they were like but I've always returned to Panda.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.