No comments on Microsoft?

Clipboard01.jpg

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

here is the new Real-World Protection Test February 2018 from av-c

Real-World Protection Test - AV-Comparatives

https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/...heet2018_02.pdf

take it with a grain of salt :)

Grain? Take it with an entire salt plains...

Especially since the worst infected machines I've ever seen are almost always Symantec/Norton. Or how the short 3 weeks we used F-Secure, and my son was using it we had threats walk right through it, yet this claims 100% protection. Or how a malicious actor was able to fully replace Trend Core Services on our systems to use Trend itself to exfiltrate data. I would strongly suggest these tests are largely useless.

But how can Microsoft get 100% without anti-phishing-protection? :unsure:

Stop asking questions that make sense. Also if anyone believes Microsoft offers anything even remotely close to 100% protection then please contact me. I have some amazing beach front property in Malibu you can have for $500.

Last edited by a moderator:

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
It's good to see that none of the tested products scored under 95% and almost all of them are in 98-100% range.
One might get a different impression if he doesn't look at the chart attentively. :)

But still, I do have my huge bag of salt with me just like everyone else on the topic :D Might even start making circles with it for additional layer of protection :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
K7 and Tencent on the line..Quick heal also given a good fight..No surprise for me..Indian vendors really doing well from recent years.Hope this trend continues
Nice share:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.