Rebel4Life Laptop

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
hiya guys can someone tell me how to configure EAM and Comodo FW to work together

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
got some new stuff only could only found an 90 day trial of KIS 2014 i never had kaspersky on any computer thought it would nice to try it does good on tests

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What happened to Emsisoft and Comodo? And why the switch to Kaspersky? I noticed you switch a lot between software. ;)

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
can anyone tell me how to clean up notification tray for windows 8.1 please and thanks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
1. Open CCleaner > Cleaner > Advanced > Tray Notification Cache, and you'll get this message
Ck7l8OV.png

2. Run Cleaner or right-click Tray Notification Cache > Clean.

3. Reboot PC or restart explorer.exe

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
nothing working on my laptop im going to take it back to the store and have them put windows 8 i dont want win 8.1 i cant do anything i want anymore i could do anything i want with windows 8.0 but not with windows 8.1

bunyip783

Level 1
Mar 1, 2011
rebel4life said:
nothing working on my laptop im going to take it back to the store and have them put windows 8 i dont want win 8.1 i cant do anything i want anymore i could do anything i want with windows 8.0 but not with windows 8.1
Have you tried just doing a recovery? No need to take such drastic measures.

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
hiya guys i have a big problem my computer is freezing up alot lately check out my software i have on and see anything might be causing this and thanks alot guys

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
rebel4life said:
hiya guys i have a big problem my computer is freezing up alot lately check out my software i have on and see anything might be causing this and thanks alot guys

One word, BitDefender.

Thanks. :D

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
updated and i was wondering does anyone have any thoughts on PGWare Throttle 7

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
rebel4life said:
updated and i was wondering does anyone have any thoughts on PGWare Throttle 7

Read commits on WOT about PGWare- https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/pgware.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=warn-viewsc

Their products are basically junkware.

Thanks. :D

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
thanks littlebit do you know any good interest programs that speeds up web pages and downloads

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
rebel4life said:
thanks littlebit do you know any good interest programs that speeds up web pages and downloads

There is no programs that can speed up webpages or downloads, they can only load as fast as what your system can calculate them and what your internet speed will allow. If you want faster then you will need to upgrade your hardware components like faster processor, more RAM, faster video card, etc. Software that claim to be able to do this are scams.

Things you can do to make them load faster, only use Windows Firewall, third-party firewalls always slow down your connection speed. Real-time web scanning on AV's will also slow down webpages and downloads, you can disable Web guards, web shields, etc. or run a custom installation and remove web scanning components, your standard real-time component should block any threats that try to access your system's memory. Shutdown all other background processes that are not important to run since they will hog up resources.

Enjoy!! :D

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
gnosis no problems to date and it doesnt feel heavy either very please with it so far

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
hiya im trying to install spotify and im getting this ERROR 53 anyone know this

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.