yahoo this is abeast (new laptop)
updated 70/70
installed 8.1 in about 1 hour and 15 minutes

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
i need help here guys how do you clean out the notification area icons on windows 8.1

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Clearing unused notification icons from the system tray, see the CCleaner method:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Delete-old-icons-in-tray-area-notification-area
Make sure you're using the latest version of CCleaner.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm assuming that Cyberlink software came with your PC. If you don't need or use it, uninstall it. No point keeping something you don't require. A lot of people assume their PC won't work without the pre-installed software, from what I've read elsewhere. Our Lenovo came with YouCam and other crap that no one used, got rid of all of it.

Only keep the software you've paid for, ie. Office or Security software, although those are optional payments when purchasing a computer.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Generally, it's either legally or through a video file format.

Check your TV channel website to see if they allow tv catchup, to watch shows on repeat.

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
does XBMC supports windows 8.1 if not whats a good free media center for win 8.1 im looking for a media center

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
rebel4life said:
has anyone experience browser slowdown with BD Trafficlight

I did when it was first released, but not for a while now.

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
ok here is another thing im looking for a media center any ideas on Plex i heard their media server doesnt run smoothly on windows

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
XBMC 13 alpha has been released, but it's early days still, also it drops XP support.

You can get XBMC 12 to run on Windows 8.1 on start, here's how:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174086

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
updated but looking for a good multimedia center that supports windows 8.1 and free if possible

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
no slow down in browser just that zenmate had to be disabled it was causing problems with yahoo mail tho

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.