Rebel4Life Laptop

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Rebel4Life Machine

Actually if you are going to internet properties of the specific connection made.

Under of TCP IPv4, make sure its dynamic DNS (default configuration). Clear DNS cache well for better refresh.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-tcp-ip-settings

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

hiya guys its been along time for me here on MalwareTips just asking what is the best free alternative to windows explorer im having problems with it even after a re-install windows 7 any ideas would be nice and thanks for your time have a great day guys

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

http://www.maketecheasier.com/3-stable-alternatives-to-windows-explorer/2013/03/01

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I know I asked a similar Q on page 24, but never got a response. In any case, have you tried any of these steps? It has worked for some.
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-explorer-crashes-freezes

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

The main thing that causes problems with Windows Explorer is 3rd party shell extensions. As you install more programs the shell extensions can get bloated. So you should try ShellExView disable all that is not important.

If you want to use an alternative to Windows Explorer try Q-Dir.

Thanks. :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

How is the usage of TuneUp Utility 2012? I've heard they were slugish in the start, but seem to be better?

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

my computer is working good now but still have a problem with windows explorer tried alot of stuff i think i need to replace it soon any ideas

S

starchild76

McLovin said:
How is the usage of TuneUp Utility 2012? I've heard they were slugish in the start, but seem to be better?

mclovin : the 2012 tuneup utilities does indeed put a heavy drag on sytem startup , the 2013 version is a bit quicker. I personally do like those kind of programs creating a startup item.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

rebel4life said:
hiya guys is powerdeck 8 any good

Never even heard of it, heard of PowerDesk 8 though. :-/

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

rebel4life said:
oops sorry its powerdesk 8 im a idoit

PowerDesk 8 is extremely slow compared to Q-Dir and Windows Explorer.

It has a lot of features if you have the patients to wait for it to load.
It is very similar to FreeCommander which is much faster.

But that is just the way it is with file explorers, the more features the slower it will load.

If you want one that is very fast and simple you can't get a better one then Q-Dir.

Thanks. :D

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

im back boys and have a simple security trying out f-secure internet security 2014 beta not bad seems light so is there anything else i need to improve my security

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

If it working good for you, I wouldn't advise adding or changing anything. :D

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012

@rebel4life
"Real-time Protection: Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.0 / Comodo Firewall 6.2"
Nice security.Is keepass is good compaire to lastpass ?

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

i had issues with lastpass so i went with the 2nd best one in keepass

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

im having problems with Windows system recovery anyone know a replacement besides rollback rx (cost money) i need a software where it takes snapshots of my machine and a free one if possible any help would nice guys

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.