Advice Request Recommendation For PC upgrade

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
by default, their driver install everything.
Only with external third-party tools you can choice between components.
I’m not sure this is true. If I choose custom installation then I just switch radio buttons from drivers + GeForce experience to just the drivers. And then you can select which components to install with tick boxes. The default is with geforce experience, but no third party tool needed. But, if I remember correctly, the option to not install it goes away if you ever let it install when you update the drivers. I think I fixed that by just uninstalling GeForce experience when I made the mistake once.

Last edited:
Reactions: plat and Venustus

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
RADEON on intel what do you think ? :D

I will not recommend, first you don't seem to see a very experience user with hardware.
Intel and Nvidia, is a better solution:

1- You will find more forums with users using this configuration to help you with problems.

2- There are more system with this configuration running with great stability, that mean better support drivers for monitors and other hardware depend on the graphics.

3- Nvidia drivers are not perfect, but the AMD need much more work.

4 - More games optimize for Nvidia, will work better in this system.

It's my recommendation.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

I will not recommend, first you don't seem to see a very experience user with hardware.
Intel and Nvidia, is a better solution:

1- You will find more forums with users using this configuration to help you with problems.
Don't agree. Did you know about r/Amd ?
Intel's Reddit is a joke.

2- There are more system with this configuration running with great stability, that mean better support drivers for monitors and other hardware depend on the graphics.
Both AMD CPU and GPU works here without problems.

Explain

Don't true anymore.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Don't agree. Did you know about r/Amd ?
Intel's Reddit is a joke.

I still prefer a good old forum for support, I am old school on that matter, I know Reddit is very modern but its no for me, I am sorry ;)

Both AMD CPU and GPU works here without problems.

I think Boring has talking about Intel and AMD.

I have a laptop with Nvidia/Intel and another one with AMD, until now no problems with Nvidia graphics drivers. With AMD my external monitor went black, don't wake, AMD has a solution, recommend turn off FreeSync. Finally, they fix the radeon driver. You can find this problem in post on Reddit (sometimes I have to use this platform 😬).
Make no mistake, I still think AMD processors perform better than the actual Intel. I just say you will have a better support in a system base on Intel/Nvidia, if you are not a very experiment user I still recommend this last option over performance.

I don't have any data in this matter, just based on the games I play.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I don't have any data in this matter, just based on the games I play.
That is highly dependent on what type of games you play, based on with DX-variant your games' engine is based on. Being DX11 and DX12 from which DX11 being favord by Intel/Nvidia, while DX12 and Vulcan by AMD. It's not a discussion about which is better, than the other, the discussion should be about what type of game, which studios and which engine the majority of your gaming preference is based on.

And that is not taking into account the more important point being implementation and programmers' schooling/(re-)education into DX12/Vulcan. Which is also why most studios and companies stick to DX11, instead of adopting DX12 and Vulcan. Programmers would need to re-learn the ropes for those API's, which in turn is lower support for higher implementations. On the other hand DX11 has light-years ahead of them in terms of programmer-to-programmer support long before the other two mentioned were even thought of nor created.

More and more games are supporting Vulcan and DX12, but they still are "half-assing'" it for a lack of terms, e.g. Battlefield franchise. People need to re-learn the API, and that takes time, and time is money, and money is the supreme ruler of tech companies and co.

• Wow
Reactions: plat and Boring

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I have a laptop with Nvidia/Intel and another one with AMD, until now no problems with Nvidia graphics drivers.
For me getting my laptop (nvidia) conected and working on my TV was a total desaster. It took a lot of tries and changes that should have worked but just didn't. Gsync and nvidia driver stutter was also a lot of fun for me. Used the right settings just to find out that the driver was the problem took me some time.
When I read their forum for me it seems that the drivers (and VR) for the 30XX cause quite some problems for some people. (Can't tell about AMD since I'm using an nvidia atm)
Just wanted to mention my experience lately :D

• HaHa
Reactions: Vasudev and Boring

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
For me getting my laptop (nvidia) conected and working on my TV was a total desaster. It took a lot of tries and changes that should have worked but just didn't. Gsync and nvidia driver stutter was also a lot of fun for me. Used the right settings just to find out that the driver was the problem took me some time.
When I read their forum for me it seems that the drivers (and VR) for the 30XX cause quite some problems for some people. (Can't tell about AMD since I'm using an nvidia atm)
Just wanted to mention my experience lately :D
I still have trouble with nvidia 980m adjusting to projector or TV even after 5 yrs.

• Wow
Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.