Troubleshoot Recovering data from (or reconstructing) a damaged NTFS Partition

joelgrizly009

Thread author
Jul 25, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
I recently accidentally overwrote part of my NTFS partition
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
- I've tryed Scandisk/Chkdsk, both couldn't recognise the partition.
I recently accidentally overwrote part of my NTFS partition (the header to be more precice) with an extended partition, while trying to recover from a messed up partition table.

I am now unable to access the data on that partition from either Win2k or Linux.

- GNU PartEd doesnt support rescueing NTFS partition (not much of a surprise) :-(

I am sure, that only a few bytes were overwritten after the partition was accessable, so the files are all still on the harddrive. As such I am now looking for a way to either repair the NTFS partition header, or at least extract the files to another harddrive.

I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

S

sinu

I recently accidentally overwrote part of my NTFS partition (the header to be more precice) with an extended partition, while trying to recover from a messed up partition table.

I am now unable to access the data on that partition from either Win2k or Linux.

- GNU PartEd doesnt support rescueing NTFS partition (not much of a surprise) :-(

I am sure, that only a few bytes were overwritten after the partition was accessable, so the files are all still on the harddrive. As such I am now looking for a way to either repair the NTFS partition header, or at least extract the files to another harddrive.

I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

if you are having one more PC either with you or with your friends connect your HDD in that PC as slave , after booting you can access your data even you can repair HDD in slave mode.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.