At-Risk RemarkableTyrannosaurus's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Jul 31, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time protection
NOD 32 Antivirus ESET
Device firewall
Custom security settings
all default settings. Let me know if I should change any
Periodic malware scanners
I don't run periodic scanning but I do often
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Brave browser
Secure DNS
None
Desktop VPN
Mullvad
Password and passkey manager
None as of now
Maintenance tools
Currently none
File and photo backups
none
System recovery
None
Usage and exposure
    • Working from home
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Coding and development
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Both are very good. I had Kaspersky for a few years and Eset for a few months. With the right settings, you don't need another app to complement your antivirus. Above all, I would enhance my general security: a secure DNS, a good device backup app like Macrium, backup your photos to the cloud and on external drives, a few good second opinion scanners, a good password manager like Bitwarden..
There are good threads on this forum about Eset and Kaspersky.
For Kaspersky, check this thread:
For cleaning and optimization, check this thread:
 
Last edited:
Ultimately your behaviour is likely going to determine whether your system remains secure, not which security solution you have. But to answer your question: I'd focus on enhancing ESET itself (heuristics, HIPS, firewall, etc.) rather than adding any additional real-time protection.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top