Troubleshoot Removing OkeyFreedom VPN

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
I dont know how to remove Okeyfreedom from PC, I need to remove his licence key from PC.
After I uninstall and scan it with Revo and install again after pc restart his licence key is still there and I need fresh new Okeyfreedom installed, with no key.
Anyone has idea?

Reactions: Dave Russo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
They have horrible support, I have messaged them many times about issues and they don't reply even after a month.
No Support confirmed.
1562085655722.png
Image: 'OkayFreedom VPN has no support pages'

I dont know how to remove Okeyfreedom from PC, I need to remove his licence key from PC.
After I uninstall and scan it with Revo and install again after pc restart his licence key is still there and I need fresh new Okeyfreedom installed, with no key.
Anyone has idea?
Are you re-installing using the same file you used on your previous installations, or a new download from their website? (ie. no wrapper or personalised link)

Why not just apply a new license from Extended Trial - OkayFreedom VPN Premium - Free for 1 Year & Unlimited traffic (still working)

Upvote 0

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
You dont understand, I got code on another email but when I want to enter code in Okeyfreedom I got that notification, thats why I need to remove licence key from pc.

Reactions: Dave Russo
Upvote 0

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Sometimes that happens, but the past has happened to me, the program leaves you a log and there is nothing to do, just ...
1: format. which is not worth it.
2: Go to the previous point of the installation.
3: If you have a backup before you have installed the program, use it. :giggle:

Upvote 0

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Try this:

1. Install Everything
2. Boot in Safe Mode
3. Uninstall OkayFreedom
4. Launch Everything, search for Steganos and manually delete all folders and related files
5. Launch Regedit. Find the key Steganos and delete all occurences.
6. Do some cleaning with CCleaner and Scan for Issues

HTH.

NOTE: I advice you to create a System Restore Point first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.