• I have never used Rollback RX Pro.

Votes: 59 50.0%

• Total voters

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
restore to a snapshot is:

1- from the baseline: system configuration is identical at the time you installed RX.
2- from a User snapshot: system config when you made a snapshot , so different than the baseline.
3- from restart: is the same as User, but made by RX.

Thank you for that info!

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
Not seeing much talk or reviews about "Drive Cloner Rx" Around the forum, is it worth getting this? I have the Rollback Rx Pro already and i got some email that Drive Cloner Rx is $19, and i guess if you want maintenance is going to be $10 more, just wondering if is worth it.
Thanks,

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I have a key for '..RX Pro' written down somewhere that I've not yet tried,:geek: and should have installed long ago!:oops:

Considering the many updates for Windows, if your Rollback Rx Pro functions as it should,
my gut feeling would be to ride this one out "as is" for as long as you can. :) $19 + another 10 doesn't break the bank, yet unless it's time to abandon ship:unsure: (when Rollbck Rx Pro no longer "floats",:notworthy: so to speak) there should be no need to jump overboard for it's newer model. They should offer their patrons a special deal to upgrade, IMHO...

This is also how I have satisfied myself running the older version of Shadow Defender which Windows does not permit updating (as far as I know, on the Home Version) unless, or course, I upgrade to Windows Pro or it (the software program) becomes available in the Microsoft Windows Store!

Last edited:

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Not seeing much talk or reviews about "Drive Cloner Rx" Around the forum, is it worth getting this? I have the Rollback Rx Pro already and i got some email that Drive Cloner Rx is $19, and i guess if you want maintenance is going to be $10 more, just wondering if is worth it.
Thanks,

I would firstly email Horizon to clarify whether or not the Drive Cloner RX software captures Rollback RX snapshots.

Even though the Horizon website claims that it does capture Rollback snapshots , it wasn't working when I last tried out the trial version. I doubt if they have fixed this to be honest, so best ask them !

If they haven't fixed this bug and you still want to buy disk imaging software then Macrium Reflect Free or Macrium Reflect Home seem to be very highly regarded by users of this forum. I doubt if Macrium will capture Rollback snapshots either (I've never tried ) but by all accounts its very nice disk imaging software which is regularly updated.

I'm a big Rollback RX fan and recommend the product, but Horizon can sometimes say misleading things. I think they may have lost some staff recently which is why their products are slower to update than they used to be

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
DriveCloner was made to backup the system and RX snapshots but from what i heard it is still buggy and cant do it properly.

Macrium is reputed to be able to capture RX snapshots. I never tried because i use RX as testing app and my snapshots are only temporary (a week max).

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
@crezz, I have Rollback Rx Pro on my desktop main computer , the latest version but i not going to take a chance in testing if will the driver cloner rx will restore the snapshots too, but i downloaded the trial of the Rollback Rx Pro and will install it in the next couple days and will try it , and will test this time after i have done some snapshots to see what happens.
Review - Rollback Rx Pro [Version 11]
post#29
I try before Macrium Reflect Free , i think was the pro trial version and i had the luck that my desktop went down and to tell you the truth i could not restore it with Macrium Reflect pro trial, so not sure exactly what happen but i did had a full image backup on other drive.
Right now will do some more testing, but they price went up to $40 anyway, so will test and wait...if i will purchase, but i guess not now.

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
DriveCloner was made to backup the system and RX snapshots but from what i heard it is still buggy and cant do it properly.

Macrium is reputed to be able to capture RX snapshots. I never tried because i use RX as testing app and my snapshots are only temporary (a week max).
I may try that Macrium on my laptop too, with Rollback Rx Pro, snapshots too, to see how it will do.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
RX is a nice software to have but a big risk to use without also taking backups with macrium because one bad mbr and everything is lost with just RX.
Me personally i use RX for restores but i had cases i destroyed the mbr by accident and had to use macrium to put everything back so use wisely.

Gmoot76

Level 1
Verified
Aug 2, 2016
Hi Is the product a Giveaway ?

i would Like to have that Product

thank u so much

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Hi Is the product a Giveaway ?

i would Like to have that Product

thank u so much

Rollback Rx is free, Rollback RX Pro is paid for.

Both products are essentially identical , except that the Pro version allows the user to take more snapshots and have more control over various things, such as automatic scheduling. The Pro version is now at version 11, whereas the free version has yet to be updated and is still at version 10.

The free version is probably adequate for many people. Certaintly good enough to try out and see if you like the concept. If you do then it might be worth buying the Pro version with its added functions.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.