Advanced Plus Security RoboMan's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Feb 17, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
  • Kaspersky Standard
  • SysHardener
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
  • Kaspersky Standard (Application Control set to NOT TRUST unknown files and NOT TRUST because of digital signature)
  • PatchMyPC daily schedule to avoid software vulnerabilities exploitation
  • SysHardener for general Windows Hardening and script protection
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
ESET Online Scanner
Norton Power Eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Google Chrome
Built-in Microsoft Edge
uBlock Origin
Kaspersky Protection
Bitwarden
Secure DNS
Cloudfare DNS with Malware Protection
Desktop VPN
Windscribe
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Bleachbit with a script for automated scheduled cleaning
File and photo backups
OneDrive
Google Drive
Subscriptions
    • Google One Standard 200GB
    • Microsoft OneDrive 100GB
System recovery
AOMEI Backup
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Requesting and accepting remote access
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

You probably don't need Cyberlock
I'm definitely not relying on signatures alone :unsure:

Given the fact I use Excel and Word, recieve documents via online, use e-mail, and work with documents created and shared by third parties, as well as I am part of a group cloud, I feel the need of using an anti-executable or Application Control app. Else, when opening files downloaded from the cloud or the e-mail client, I rely alone on Defender's signatures or protection capabilities, and their judgment alone. I'd rather not, to be honest.

Maybe SWH is a bit overkill. Since DefenderUI offers enough ASR rules, SWH may be a little redundant. I might consider to let that app go.
 
Removed
  • Kaspersky Standard (expired license, unable to buy again right now)
Added
  • BitDefender Free
  • VoodooShield CyberLock
Configured as:
  • Agressive mode, ALWAYS ON
  • Do not automatically trust child process if allowed parent process
  • Smart Firewall: Recommended

What do you think?
 
Considered it, but decided for BitDefender since it offers a better overall free experience. Less access to bloatware in their free version, less privacy scandals, and IMO a smarter behaviour blocker (plus an excellent signature database).
I've always liked BD. Free version has essentials except for memory protection IIRC. VS* is optional AFAIC.

*It will always be Voodooshield to me. 😜
 
I've always liked BD. Free version has essentials except for memory protection IIRC. VS* is optional AFAIC.

*It will always be Voodooshield to me. 😜
Yes, it lacks some important modules IMO, such as the following:

1770517387398.png
 
Do you think Avast/AVG Free offer a more comprehensive and a smarter more complete protection than BD Free? Do you think, in ransomware attack or a RAT infection, Avast will perform better than BD Free? (take CyberLock out of the picture)
Yes, I do.
B is missing memory scan; it will wait until ClickFix attack is executed to be detected by its behavioral analysis, if it was lucky to detect.
Avast free has memory scan; it may abort the attack before full execution; in addition, it has a decent behavioral analysis.
Avast free definitely has extras compared ot B free, and scores higher according to both independent lab tests and @Shadowra tests.
 
Didn't somebody test that and found out that those modules are actually active but not customizable in the free version?
I do not think so; they must disable such modules to motivate subscribing to the paid version.
Only Avast provides a near complete free version, but they have a different target: data collection and security telemetry.
 
I do not think so; they must disable such modules to motivate subscribing to the paid version.
Only Avast provides a near complete free version, but they have a different target: data collection and security telemetry.
 
Yes, some processes may be active, start about here.
@Parkinsond
@Nunzio_77 posted this later in the thread:
Here is the confirmation received from Bitdefender staff:

To clarify, Shield's advanced options are locked in the free version and this means that they cannot be customized, however they are indeed active and functional.
... so I don't know.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top