Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
What I reported:
  • Fix BSOD caused by Windows 10 anniversary Update
  • Resolves Secure Boot Issue
  • Add encryption options to snapshots data encryption from rootkit based boot virus – Adjusted in Setup.ini (default is 2)
Please tell me/us how it works now. :) I'm quite excited because those issues are now fixed. :D

Thread author
Please tell me/us how it works now. :) I'm quite excited because those issues are now fixed. :D

I will get to it tonight or tomorrow.

You use Kaspersky. You have to be careful. Some Kaspersky modules\updates don't like Rollback RX and will cause BSOD if you install them into a snapshot. When there is a major update, it is advisable to uninstall Rollback, update Kaspersky and then re-install Rollback. Same with the Windows Upgrades.

I have the BSOD multiple times caused by updates to the scan engine driver.

Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

Reactions: shmu26 and XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I will get to it tonight or tomorrow.

You use Kaspersky. You have to be careful. Some Kaspersky modules\updates don't like Rollback RX and will cause BSOD if you install them into a snapshot. When there is a major update, it is advisable to uninstall Rollback, update and then re-install Rollback. Same with the Windows Upgrades.
I'll be careful. Thanks!
I'm hoping Macrium Reflect can help me recover, in case something bad happens. :D

Reactions: shmu26

Thread author
I'll be careful. Thanks!
I'm hoping Macrium Reflect can help me recover, in case something bad happens. :D

I never tried restoring the system using Macrium when there are snapshots. I think they are lost. You have to ask @TheRollbackFrog here or at Wilders.

A better solution would be to use HDS Drive Cloner RX, but there is a bug in it. It won't detect the drive when trying to do a manual clone.

Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I never tried restoring the system using Macrium when there are snapshots. I think they are lost. You have to ask @TheRollbackFrog here or at Wilders.

A better solution would be to use HDS Drive Cloner RX, but there is a bug in it. It won't detect the drive when trying to do a manual clone.
According to TheRollbackFrog's unofficial FAQ, if something bad happens with RollBack Rx because of incompatibility, I would need to reset MBR, which would disable RB Rx. Maybe in this case, I could uninstall RB Rx or do a restore with Macrium Reflect.

But anyway, this is really a risk I will be taking, whether or not you have tested it and went fine. :D

Thread author
According to TheRollbackFrog's unofficial FAQ, if something bad happens with RollBack Rx because of incompatibility, I would need to reset MBR, which would disable RB Rx. Maybe in this case, I could uninstall RB Rx or do a restore with Macrium Reflect.

But anyway, this is really a risk I will be taking, whether or not you have tested it and went fine. :D

I would simply go for reliability, because that is really what you are after. If something goes wrong then Macrium should restore the system. It has been proven reliable over time. Perhaps the restore won't be precisely at the point where you want it, but you can tweak it back to where you want it. It's a compromise, but a reliable one. Data loss, like rules, updates, and that stuff - well, it sure beats clean installing the OS and starting from scratch.

Software reliability is paramount - just as important as its ability to protect\save\restore your system.

Last edited by a moderator:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I just had two "unsigned driver" notifications during installation. :eek:
One is about Shield File System Filter. Two is about Shield Disk Filter Driver. :eek::eek::eek:

It wants to restart the system now to install the pre-OS console, but I haven't restarted the system yet.
Should I be worried? I thought RB Rx is now completely compatible with Windows 10.

Thread author
One is about Shield File System Filter. Two is about Shield Disk Filter Driver. :eek::eek::eek:

It wants to restart the system now to install the pre-OS console, but I haven't restarted the system yet.
Should I be worried? I thought RB Rx is now completely compatible with Windows 10.

It's probably because of the Program Compatibility Assistant Service. If you disable it, then it should work.

Thread author

If you reboot your system, then BSOD INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. You have to disable the Program Compatibility Assistant Service.

I already submitted a report.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
If you reboot your system, then BSOD INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. You have to disable the Program Compatibility Assistant Service.

I already submitted a report.
LOL. That was what actually happened 40 minutes ago. :D

Macrium Reflect just proved its worth to me, though. :D

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
File a report. Voice your dismay. Tell them you're not gonna take it anymore.
:D

I will tell them how it destroyed my life, to the point that I was holding a knife to commit suicide. :D

Seriously, though, I will file a report. :)

Thread author
:D

I will tell them how it destroyed my life, to the point that I was holding a knife to commit suicide. :D

Seriously, though, I will file a report. :)

Read any soft EULA. Basically, if you install the soft, then you sign your life away.

I created a thread on the HDS Community forum under HJLBX. Just add your report there. Sam will see it.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Read any soft EULA. Basically, if you install the soft, then you sign your life away.

I created a thread on the HDS Community forum under HJLBX. Just add your report there. Sam will see it.
Okay, I'll create an account there. :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author

I am running the latest version on Win 10 64 Pro...no such notifications were there?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I am running the latest version on Windows 10 64 Pro...no such notifications were there?
Maybe you're not affected by this because you didn't reinstall/reset/refresh Windows lately.

I think my problem is similar with HMP.A. My OS wants signed drivers, so if I install HMP.A with its unsigned drivers, I may end up with problems like BSOD. That's why erik loman includes a note about the status of the signature of the beta that is released.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.