Rollback RX users guidelines

Did you follow these advices?

• Total voters

Thread author
Maybe you're not affected by this because you didn't reinstall/reset/refresh Windows lately.

I think my problem is similar with HMP.A. My OS wants signed drivers, so if I install HMP.A with its unsigned drivers, I may end up with problems like BSOD. That's why erik loman includes a note about the status of the signature of the beta that is released.

The latest RC2 has signatures with extended validation certificate (co-signed by Microsoft).

Program Compatibility Assistant Service doesn't like some drivers. I don't know why. You have to check if it is running in services.msc or Task Manager services tab.

Reactions: XhenEd
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Maybe you're not affected by this because you didn't reinstall/reset/refresh Windows lately.

I think my problem is similar with HMP.A. My OS wants signed drivers, so if I install HMP.A with its unsigned drivers, I may end up with problems like BSOD. That's why erik loman includes a note about the status of the signature of the beta that is released.
My Win 10 install is a fresh install of first Anniversary build...this signed drivers thingy was not there in the first release of Anniversary build?

Thread author
My Windows 10 install is a fresh install of first Anniversary build...this signed drivers thingy was not there in the first release of Anniversary build?

The way Microsoft did it was this:
  • If you upgraded to Windows AU and continued to use it then Secure Boot didn't block drivers.
  • If you clean installed Windows AU, then Secure Boot would block drivers not meeting the new requirements.
But this issue with RBRX is specific to Program Compatibility Assistant Service - and not to Secure Boot.

I explained that to them two or three months ago.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
My Windows 10 install is a fresh install of first Anniversary build...this signed drivers thingy was not there in the first release of Anniversary build?
These are the "notes" included by Erik Loman for HMP.A's beta releases:

"This build does NOT have Microsoft co-signed drivers. So this build will NOT run on computers with Windows 10 Redstone 1 with SecureBoot enabled."

"This build uses Microsoft co-signed drivers. It is safe to use on Windows 10 Redstone 1 and 2 with SecureBoot enabled."

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Thread author
If Program Compatibility Assistant Service blocks driver installs, just disable it and re-install.

PCAS is for those that run ancient softs that must be run in Compatibility Mode - otherwise they don't work right or not at all.

Thread author
Thanks for this info! So, I just need to disable Program Compatibility Assistant Service to be able to install RB Rx.

I have disabled anyway. It isn't needed unless you are running old softs that need to run in Compatibility Mode. You running any ancient softs ? I don't think so...

Thread author
Thanks for this info! So, I just need to disable Program Compatibility Assistant Service to be able to install RB Rx.

It's the same with COMODO. Try installing CIS 10 with PCAS enabled. Almost the same result as you just experienced with RBRX.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
@Lockdown @Umbra and other RB Rx users

Can you test whether shutdown properly works with RB Rx installed and Fast Startup enabled?

Shutdown doesn't work for me. The system just reverts to lock screen. Only when Fast Startup is disabled that the system shuts down.

I already uninstalled Kaspersky to test, but the problem is still present.

Reactions: shmu26
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Can you test whether shutdown properly works with RB Rx installed and Fast Startup enabled?

Shutdown doesn't work for me. The system just reverts to lock screen. Only when Fast Startup is disabled that the system shuts down.

Work good for me, no issues.

Reactions: shmu26 and XhenEd

Thread author

I disable Fast Startup.

Reactions: shmu26 and XhenEd

Thread author
But if you enable it, does your computer shut down properly?

I can't enable Fast Start as my SSD disables it. I know in my previous post I made it seem that I disabled it, but in fact it is the SSD that does it.

I suggest you make a post over at the HDS Community. Sam is good about answering these kinds of questions.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I can't enable Fast Start as my SSD disables it. I know in my previous post I made it seem that I disabled it, but in fact it is the SSD that does it.

I suggest you make a post over at the HDS Community. Sam is good about answering these kinds of questions.
why does your SSD disable fast start?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Rollback Rx Pro 10.7 Build #: 2702518295
Last Updated: 10 May 2017
  • Fixes Secure Boot Issue for better compatibility with Windows 10 build 1607 & later
  • Support Grub Linux bootloader.
  • Mask Product ID on the Tray Icon > About window.
  • Adjusted Multiboot setup
  • Adjusted the Uninstallation User Interface.
  • Add Turn Off protection/Turn On protection in tray icon menu
  • Change disk space usage pie chart on the home page to red color if the free space drops below 20% total protected space.
  • Add disk space usage pie chart to the new snapshot window.
  • Add Shutdown-Defrag scheduled task
  • New End User License Agreement(EULA)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Are here users with SSD who are using this program long enough to answer some questions?
Is there some problems or incompatibles maybe?
Maybe some degradation of SSD after long time?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.