Runs In Memory When Real-Time Is Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawnTractor

Thread author
Oct 20, 2012
Any way to keep MBAM from running in memory when it's real-time protection is turned off? I'm tired of having to go into task manager and manually kill it. Runs 90 MBs. Cheers.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Did you previous had MBAM Pro running?If yes,then you'll need to open Malwarebytes and go to the Protection tab and uncheck "Start protection module with Windows"
[attachment=2665]
Alternatively,you can go into msconfig and remove MBAM from your Startup items.While your there,it might be also beneficial to check the Service tab and remove MBAM service from starting up with Windows.
[attachment=2666]

Attachments

• mbam.jpg
    mbam.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 560
  • mbam-service.jpg
    mbam-service.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 589

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
LawnTractor said:
Any way to keep MBAM from running in memory when it's real-time protection is turned off? I'm tired of having to go into task manager and manually kill it. Runs 90 MBs. Cheers.

do you have it set to load on startup? I have mine set to not run on start up and after I use it I exit out of the program.Just updated mine and exited out of it and no running processes.Make sure if it is in the taskbar you exit the program from there.IDK if this helps

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Jack said:
Alternatively,you can go into msconfig and remove MBAM from your Startup items.While your there,it might be also beneficial to check the Service tab and remove MBAM service from starting up with Windows.

That is what I said in my post. :dodgy:

P

Plexx

You will need to do what Jack said since it has both Startup entry and its service set to automatic.
You can set the service to manual under services (start menu, type services). Setting to manual + startup disabled should not start the service unless MBAM requests to do so.

LawnTractor

Thread author
Oct 20, 2012
McLovin said:
Turn it's service off?

Thanks - I turned it off from start up - I gotta stop watching those Homer Simpson reruns...starting to think like him.

Jack said:
Did you previous had MBAM Pro running?If yes,then you'll need to open Malwarebytes and go to the Protection tab and uncheck "Start protection module with Windows"

Thanks - done it!

LawnTractor

Thread author
Oct 20, 2012
White Nobster said:
LawnTractor said:

do you have it set to load on startup? I have mine set to not run on start up and after I use it I exit out of the program.Just updated mine and exited out of it and no running processes.Make sure if it is in the taskbar you exit the program from there.IDK if this helps

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.