Advice Request Safari and passwords

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Filipe

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2018
Hello,
I'm discovering the MacOS universe and I'm wondering if Safari is Safe enough to save my passwords ?
I would love to say yes, but the reality is another different thing. I worked in technical support for Apple and i like their products but they need to improve a lot also.
Kindly check the cve details: Apple Safari : List of security vulnerabilities
This is the known, the unknow lets see from time to time ;)

qua3k

Level 1
Jul 18, 2021
I would love to say yes, but the reality is another different thing. I worked in technical support for Apple and i like their products but they need to improve a lot also.
Kindly check the cve details: Apple Safari : List of security vulnerabilities
This is the known, the unknow lets see from time to time ;)
Counting CVEs is not an effective or accurate measure of the security of a program. Evaluate a program by its security posture, not by counting CVEs for security charlatans. Furthermore, if you’re looking for browser recommendation Chrome is considered the most secure but that isn’t really relevant to the discussion.

Yes it's safe because its Apple obv i would say it's good to use a Password manager you wont mess up in the future that's my opinion i'm a iPhone fan and i use Bitwarden
Keychain is a password manager.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.