Safe Finder - Please help I have tried everything already

Infected operating system
MacOs Mojave 10.14.6
Infected device issues
My safari and chrom were properly hikejacked by safe finder. I have tried every possible advice out there. after troubleshooting for long time now this is a summary :

-I have no profiles installed
-no extensions on safari
-no suspicious apps
i have checked all below directories :
  • /Library/LaunchAgents
  • ~/Library/LaunchAgents
  • /Library/Application Support
  • /Library/LaunchDaemons
-MalwareBytes and Avast do not detect any problems

My safari homepage address was grayed-out until i found this thread on your page :

Thanks to advice of @PureShores (Thank You, You gave me hope ) adding an admin user and changing my original admin to regular account my safari home page address in not gray out anymore but...

I still can not change the address ...I can remove safe finder address and type eg google address but changes are not being recorder, as soon as i try to open a tab or even switch between options this evil evil address comes back to my home page. Button <set to current page> is not working.

Please help...

Kasia

Thread author
May 28, 2020
My safari and chrom were properly hikejacked by safe finder. I have tried every possible advice out there. after troubelshooting for long time now this is a summary :

-I have no profiles installed
-no extensions on safari
-no suspicious apps
-MalwareBytes and Avast do not detect any problems

My safari homepage address was grayout until i found this thread on your page :

Thanks to adding a user and changing my orginal admin to regular account my safari home page address in not gary out anymore but...

I still can not

Reactions: Pdubbs

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.