sahil's config

sahilwaste

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
most of the time i visit unknown websites...

so, guys tell me which improvements i implement for better protection and for lowering security risks...

waiting for some good advice...:)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avast 7 Free or the paid version?

Also you can Hitman Pro as your on demand scanner.

Well since your visiting unknown sites its like you need a program like Sandboxie or BufferZone Pro unless your using the paid version which does have the same functionality.

Overall its a good config there.

sahilwaste

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
D

Deleted member 178

Acronis work very well (good speed; good compression ratio), and for a beginner, the boot time backup launcher is very useful , no need to have a recovery CD, just press F11.
i used it for a very long time, but switched now for Comodo Backup.

Paragon is good but i always had issues with it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
sahilwaste said:
Zeman anti-logger [expiring in 21 days]

Want a 1 year license of Zemana Anti-Logger? Click the link below:

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Giveaway-Zemana-AntiLogger-Giveaway-Share-Receive

sahilwaste

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
jamescv7 said:
Avast 7 Free or the paid version?

Also you can Hitman Pro as your on demand scanner.

Well since your visiting unknown sites its like you need a program like Sandboxie or BufferZone Pro unless your using the paid version which does have the same functionality.

Overall its a good config there.

avast 7 - free

what is the cost of Hitman Pro??
Is Virtual Box is an alternative of Sandboxie??

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Virtual Box is an application that you can test software in a virtual machine its like your secondary computer.

While Sandboxie uses the isolation feature to run application and it will not hurt the changes on your actual system once the file run on that isolation environment.

Hitman Pro cost $ 19.95 the cheaper one for 1 PC for 1 Year.

The rest the price were here on this link.

sahilwaste

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
Earth said:
sahilwaste said:
Zeman anti-logger [expiring in 21 days]

Want a 1 year license of Zemana Anti-Logger? Click the link below:

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Giveaway-Zemana-AntiLogger-Giveaway-Share-Receive

thanks for the link..:)

i already applied for a key...waiting for Jack's reply...

sahilwaste

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
Acronis work very well (good speed; good compression ratio), and for a beginner, the boot time backup launcher is very useful , no need to have a recovery CD, just press F11.
i used it for a very long time, but switched now for Comodo Backup.

Paragon is good but i always had issues with it.

is it user friendly too...and what kind ok issues you had with paragon...and how can i resolve those issues if i got any of them...any idea...:idea:

sahilwaste

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
jamescv7 said:
Virtual Box is an application that you can test software in a virtual machine its like your secondary computer.

While Sandboxie uses the isolation feature to run application and it will not hurt the changes on your actual system once the file run on that isolation environment.

Hitman Pro cost $ 19.95 the cheaper one for 1 PC for 1 Year.

The rest the price were here on this link.

ok...is there any other alternative for sandboxie...bcoz sandboxie is conflicting with avast..

thanks for the link to price list...

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Sahil BufferZone is very good. And if you remeber I am tipbky at tipradar forums. Zemena is also very good I am currently using it. Choose Acronis for backup. Else go with backup4all or Genie TimeLine.

sahilwaste

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
malbky said:
Sahil BufferZone is very good. And if you remeber I am tipbky at tipradar forums. Zemena is also very good I am currently using it. Choose Acronis for backup. Else go with backup4all or Genie TimeLine.

hey tipbky,
how are you...?? :)

yes i installed bufferzone on my machine...its quite good...:)
thanks to jamescv7 for suggesting me...

and i am also thinking about Acronis True Image Home thanks to umbrapolaris as he suggested me that and shared his xperience...

thanks to you too for giving your valuable suggestions...

thanks for joining me here bro...;)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
How are you liking spotflux? any slowdowns? I had the same issue with avast and sandboxie so I had to switch to CIS and have never regretted it!

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Hi Sahil,

Just try BufferZone you want regret it. I always recommend it over sandboxie. Many user here used sandboxie but after I voted for BufferZone, some changed to it and have really liked it. Sahil just edit your 1st post and make Avast7 as Avast Internet Security 7. Now your good to go. Just install Trafficlight or Linkscanner.

sahilwaste

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
MRF71 said:
How are you liking spotflux? any slowdowns? I had the same issue with avast and sandboxie so I had to switch to CIS and have never regretted it!

spotflux is good but yes it makes internet connection slow and yesterday my cousins facebook account was temporarily blocked bcoz of spotflux when he was trying to access facebook from my pc...

as for comodo i dont think i'll move on to CIS as now i am using bufferzone..and it is compatible with avast..

thanks...:)

sahilwaste

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
malbky said:
Hi Sahil,

Just try BufferZone you want regret it. I always recommend it over sandboxie. Many user here used sandboxie but after I voted for BufferZone, some changed to it and have really liked it. Sahil just edit your 1st post and make Avast7 as Avast Internet Security 7. Now your good to go. Just install Trafficlight or Linkscanner.

yes @present i am using bufferzone...and its really better than sandboxie...:)

Bitdefender's trafficlight or AVG's linkscanner which one i use...i am confused...any idea..... by the way i already have adblock and wot...:)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well its not recommended to used a proxy server when comes to social networking sites once registered without the proxy and used the proxy for sign in the IP will be the problem due to location.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.