• 1° AdGuard DNS / 2° CloudFlare DNS
  • MBAE Premium - Custom Setting
  • OSA - Custom Setting
  • Black Viper's List - Some services Disabled/Manual
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
  • Trick POS Ready 2009 + KB4500331.
  • PsExec - Run browsers + email client with limited rights - Exceptions (OSA) for Interlink Mail News and New Moon.
  • DEP Always ON
  • SMB Protocol Disabled
  • No NET Framework Installed
  • I.E.8 No Flash + Trick 1803 (Block the downloadable executable files) + Disable script (F12 - on/off) + block execution I.E.8.
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro,McAfee Stinger,HijackThis Portable,Adwcleaner v.6.0.4.7
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
New Moon 28 - (Pale Moon fork for Windows XP) Custom Setting about:config

• Noscript
  • U.B.O.Legacy
  • Decentraleyes
  • No Resource URI Leak
  • Canvas Blocker Legacy 0.2 - Only to pass the ClientRects Fingerprint test
Maintenance tools
  • CCleaner - Many custom rules created by me
  • RegSekeer
  • Process Explorer
  • SigcheckGUI
  • Dependency Walker
  • CFF Explorer
  • Currports
  • WWDC
  • IobitUnistaller Portable
  • Speedyfox -Custom Rule for Interlink Mail News
  • SUMo Portable
  • JKDefragGUI
File and Photo backup
Pen Drive
System recovery
Acer System Backup
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
Acer Intel Celeron M380 1.60 GHz 1GB RAM
Notable changes
  1. Added some custom rules in OSA for Mimikatz Dump Lsass.exe mitigation.
  2. Added "sc" command rule block in OSA.
  3. Added rule to block execution of I.E.8 in OSA.
  4. Added rule to block msbuild.exe in OSA and the same rule on the Registry Key.
  5. Blocking rule in host file for CCleaner.
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration may put you and your device at risk!
    We do not recommend that other members use this setup. We cannot be held responsible for problems that may occur to your device by using this security setup.

2. This computer configuration is using an unsupported operating system. If possible, we recommend to upgrade to an operating system that is supported by its developers to remain protected from the latest threats.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

He always has one answer: I use this setup for many years and never been infected.
Yes, it is always hard to beat the facts.:(
Unless he doesn't know he was infected LOL
Pinpointing an infection with naked eye isn't a feat average people can do.
Anyway this argument is dumb, he may never been infected because he never crossed a serious malware, not because his setup is secure.

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I have a brother who uses Windows XP + Eset. I told him many times how dangerous it can be
Dangerous??? Come on, people. If you catch a virus you disinfect it with basic or advanced tools. A Ransomware? If you have backups, it's not a problem.
As for other vulnerabilities, they're not a problem unless you work for a government or are an activist or something. Who would take the time to exploit vulnerabilities in a home user's computer?
Just being a little careful where you click, especially in emails, and little else is ok regardless of the operating system you use.
Well that's all I wanted to add to this topic.

Best regards.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
@Andy Ful

Why didn't you publish your Security Configuration?
Because this would not help anyone. I do not have something like a stable configuration. I use Shadowdefender to test many security applications. For example, last week I used Avast with H_C (tested the new H_C Avast profile). Yesterday I used WD + MBAE to test the exploit tool. Today I use WD + H_C. I do not know what will be tomorrow, maybe it will be WD + several configs of Application Guard (if I will like to test it).
Most often I use WD (High Protection Level, Windows 10) + native Edge + several profiles of H_C (testing the new version).(y)

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Thank@Andy
if you are aware of it, then the time you discover the breach, it may be already too late and the attacker got all the credentials he needs from you.
Such as Apts or info stealers .the danger not that all trojons or malware's has districtuive signs as in the past (Auto run :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )but the silent distructive effect such as credential stealing trojans

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I begin to read about os layers from excellent book called Concepts of operating systems which define all these terms low and high level starting from how instruction excited in the processor and what is device controller and shard memory to system files ,process and threads creation this I think will give me a good start to know how should I guess if you there a sign of infection or not by knowing if there any upnormal performance issues

Last edited:

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
DDE_Server said:
Or became q zombie for botnet network used for another attack or spreading other malware
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's also likely that the aliens will land the spaceship at their home.
The first is much more probable, except if you believe in thousands of aliens landing on Earth every day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.