Sandboxie worth paying for ?

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I would still buy it now. No sense in trying something without all the features. I, and other here, are more than happy to help. Feel free to ask.

• Applause
Reactions: simmerskool

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
No, its getting over-complicated and expensive . The average Joe would have no idea how to use it now.

No disrespect to the current developer, he's doing a real good job, but he keeps adding options that are making it harder and harder to use. Its used to be simple, not anymore.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I was a regular happy user of sbie ages ago, but left it after R Tzur left. But now trying sbie+, used for a day or 2 and "how-to(s)" started coming back to me. I bought a personal license. Exchanged a couple emails with DavidX -- he replies quickly. I'm seeing ways to use sbie+ and also Cyberlock's new Windows Sandbox feature. Different tech powers each, so interesting...:geek:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I was a regular happy user of sbie ages ago, but left it after R Tzur left. But now trying sbie+, used for a day or 2 and "how-to(s)" started coming back to me. I bought a personal license. Exchanged a couple emails with DavidX -- he replies quickly. I'm seeing ways to use sbie+ and also Cyberlock's new Windows Sandbox feature. Different tech powers each, so interesting...:geek:
The following - "Cyberlock's new Windows Sandbox feature", i could not find any info about, could you explain or point me to some info.

Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
The following - "Cyberlock's new Windows Sandbox feature", i could not find any info about, could you explain or point me to some info.
See @danb posts in Voodooshield 7.0 thread n/k/a Cyberlock thread in December IIRC starting with version 7.65 and currently 7.68. It has 3 features or ways to use Windows Sandbox mostly by opening Edge in Windows Sandbox. (I'm always afraid if I go to the post to get its URL that this pending message will vanish -- it's happened to me before...)

Reactions: ng4ever

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
See @danb posts in Voodooshield 7.0 thread n/k/a Cyberlock thread in December IIRC starting with version 7.65 and currently 7.68. It has 3 features or ways to use Windows Sandbox mostly by opening Edge in Windows Sandbox. (I'm always afraid if I go to the post to get its URL that this pending message will vanish -- it's happened to me before...)

Thank you!

Acadia

Level 1
Sep 25, 2020
No, its getting over-complicated and expensive . The average Joe would have no idea how to use it now.

No disrespect to the current developer, he's doing a real good job, but he keeps adding options that are making it harder and harder to use. Its used to be simple, not anymore.
I agree that it is becoming over-complicated (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) but despite that, I vote yes, worth paying for.
Acadia

Reactions: ng4ever

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.