Not open for further replies.

SBGuard

From SBGuard
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
[QUOTE="Sorry mate I can't see your Sig anywhere? Where do I click? Cheers
Ummm, in my post just below the 3 shields. If needed I can upload a SS
I did sign up for the alerts as well, I think yesterday.[/QUOTE]
SS please, I can't see it, I must be blind, or it could be sleep deprivation, I got a newborn son :)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
@SBGuard

I don't know if you are aware there's another forum where your product was mentioned.
SBGuard

Some people already linked to this thread. But imagined some won't bothered reading this entire thread. And you can explain to them some of the innovations you are planning for your product. Of course, that's if you want to.

Reactions: DardiM

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks mate.. Lol I can't see that? Do I need to enable something on the site for it to show?
No sleep until 1.4 is ready :)
There very well may be a setting in your MT acct settings you need to enable, i didn't have to so I am not familiar where it would be.
Sorry for poking fun at you then. maybe ;) lol
Have a good one buddy.

Reactions: DardiM

SBGuard

From SBGuard
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
@SBGuard

I don't know if you are aware there's another forum where your product was mentioned.
SBGuard

Some people already linked to this thread. But imagined some won't bothered reading this entire thread. And you can explain to them some of the innovations you are planning for your product. Of course, that's if you want to.
Thanks for letting us know, we'll definitely post some info :)

D

Deleted member 178

So basically , if i understand well; SBGuard monitors and blocks the various entrances (attack vectors) taken by the terrorist (malwarewriter) to put the bomb (Ransomware) in the building (OS), then the security guards (AVs) are supposed to find (quarantine) the bomb. But if the bomb is already in the building, SBG is useless.

Am i right?

SBGuard

From SBGuard
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
So basically , if i understand well; SBGuard monitors and blocks the various entrances (attack vectors) taken by the terrorist (malwarewriter) to put the bomb (Ransomware) in the building (OS), then the security guards (AVs) are supposed to find (quarantine) the bomb. But if the bomb is already in the building, SBG is useless.

Am i right?
Sounds like Counter Strike :)

SBGuard injects a whole load of registry entries to Windows and once SBGuard is closed, Windows does the rest.
These entries consist of execution restriction policies, processes modification and many other changes within OS backend.
These injections will block Ransomware from delivering the payload.
Example:
Once you click on a malicious link, it will automatically drop a java script (or exe or cmd or wsf or scr or bunch of other extensions) executable into your OS. Once dropped it will attempt to auto open itself. This is where SBGuard's rules come in play and block that execution. Once that happens it will create a log (ID 866). AVs should monitor this type of behaviour and once a process attempting to run is blocked, AVs have enough time to detect and remove these attempts. If the AV doesn't do the job, script will keep attempting to run, but will get blocked by these rules until someone notices it and deletes the file. We recommend looking at the logs or monitoring this ID 866 until we get the notifications service operational to give these alerts.

We keep monitoring new variants and how they deploy. Once we have enough information we add more rules.
At the moment, this is how it works, however we are working on some advanced mechanisms that will have SBGuard running as a service.
We recommend using 1.4.0 beta (download from our website) which has some really useful features. For example it let's you lock Downloads and Documents, in case users download an attachment and try to open it, it will be blocked.
Also, disabling WHS (Windows Host Service) prevents malicious Java and VBS scripts from running anywhere in the system.
Macros need to be disabled, users very often click enable once asked to do so, this will not give them a choice, it will just disable it.
Another one, we prevent hidden file extensions. Very often "terrorists" hide malware in PDF or image files. Our rules will make it visible, so it will clearly state if it contains an executable.
There is a lot more in the background, we have over 6000 lines of code in this piece of software and growing.

Hope this was clear :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@SBGuard
The installer once downloaded, I right click on it and select properties, it identifies itself as installer for v1.4.0
Is there a reason for this ? Did you pull the Updated installer ?
I tried from both your link here and the website, same result for both.
EDIT:
After install i am running v1.4.5 so it is an error with the installer identification, needs updated to display the correct version.

Last edited:

SBGuard

From SBGuard
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
@SBGuard
The installer once downloaded, I right click on it and select properties, it identifies itself as installer for v1.4.0
Is there a reason for this ? Did you pull the Updated installer ?
I tried from both your link here and the website, same result for both.
EDIT:
After install i am running v1.4.5 so it is an error with the installer identification, needs updated to display the correct version.
Thank you for letting us know, we must have missed the change on the installer :)

All future updates can be done using the updates button within SBGuard.

cheers

Axelrod Sven

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 11, 2016

Am i right?

Sounds like Counter Strike :)

SBGuard injects a whole load of....

Not to be rude, but could you give Umbra's question a direct Yes or No reply? Most of us are more security-savvy than the average Internet user but that explanation was a little difficult for those of us --like me for one-- who don't understand the entire jargon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.