SBGuard Anti-Ransomware hardens Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBGuard

From SBGuard
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
Not to be rude, but could you give Umbra's question a direct Yes or No reply? Most of us are more security-savvy than the average Internet user but that explanation was a little difficult for those of us --like me for one-- who don't understand the entire jargon. :)
Not rude at all, I get your point.
SBGuard guards the door, AV protects inside the house. Does that answer your question?
Now, why I don't want this to be the official answer is because upcoming version 1.5 will have SBGuard in the house as well :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Not rude at all, I get your point.
SBGuard guards the door, AV protects inside the house. Does that answer your question?
Now, why I don't want this to be the official answer is because upcoming version 1.5 will have SBGuard in the house as well :)
It's all it should be, your answer that is :)
Umbra is a big boy and has a mouth, if he needed anything further "he" would have asked trust me.

D

Deleted member 178

It's all it should be, your answer that is :)
Umbra is a big boy and has a mouth, if he needed anything further "he" would have asked trust me.
indeed , @SBGuard gave me a detailed explanation, so i don't need more info at the moment; but i admit his first explanation was a bit too technical for most members here , it is why i use analogies to make things simple to understand. ;)

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
According to the following thread, thJS/Cerber.S!Eldorado Ransomware bypassed Smartscreen & UAC...
Video Review - JS/Cerber.S!Eldorado Ransomware

@Umbra, @hjlbx, @Der.Reisende
Could you please let us know which of the following Anti-Ransomware softwares give the best protection against these types of Ransomware attack?
WinAntiRansom, SBGuard Anti-Ransomware, Cryptoprevent
and if they won't then which other softwares do you recommend ex. AppGuard, HitmanPro.Alert, Emsisoft Internet Security, ... etc

Another great news on blocking latest Ransomwares ;)
Emsisoft team published a list of improvements to version 12 of Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security:
(Improved Behavior Blocker, specifically trained to block all types of ransomware (today’s biggest threat for home-users and enterprises) and for more precise detection of totally new online threats)
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 12 Beta Test - Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security Beta
@Emsisoft Will version 12 of EAM/EIS protect my PC 100% against these types of Ransomware attack?

@SBGuard Will SBGuard Anti-Ransomware protect my PC 100% against these types of Ransomware attack?

Thank you everyone for your good assistance :)

D

Deleted member 178

Rebsat said:
@Umbra, @hjlbx, @Der.Reisende
Could you please let us know which of the following Anti-Ransomware softwares give the best protection against these types of Ransomware attack? WinAntiRansom, SBGuard Anti-Ransomware, Cryptoprevent
and if they won't then which other softwares do you recommend ex. AppGuard, HitmanPro.Alert, Emsisoft Internet Security, ... etc

Personally , i'm using HMPA and Appguard so im covered ^^

All those softs have different ways to block ransomwares, all are effective, it is just a matter of taste.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
"An happy user is not the one with the 'best' apps, but the one that 'know his app'" - Umbra
The sage has spoken.

So as not to derail the topic, I wish SBGuard dev team the best. May their knowledge and research lead them to innovations with regards to internet security. :)

pcuser88

Level 1
Sep 15, 2016
Will you include whitelisting of specified executions in next versions? I have a vbs scheduled to run, but it cannot when "essential protection" is enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.