ccleaner

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I would add on demand scanner, Zemana, Malwarebytes and perhaps the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, I would trade Adblock Plus by uBlock Origin or AdGuard Ad Blocker :)

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I recommend using another On-Demand Scanner like X-Sec CommandLine Scanner or Zemana Anti-Malware both are Free

Reactions: Jrs30
A

Alkajak

I recommend you enable User Access Control, it is vital to Windows protection. I would also look into OS App Reputation, Windows 10 does have SmartScreen available system-wide, not just IE like in the past. As @Jrs30 said, swap out Adblock Plus for uBlock Origin, it is much more responsive on page load speeds.

Recommended on-demand scanners:

Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana AntiMalware Premium - Block online threats before the infections take place.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit: Portable malware scanner | Free removal of Viruses, Bots, Spyware, Keyloggers and Trojans

HitmanPro
Downloads - SurfRight

Reactions: Jrs30
N

Noxx

Everyone else has clarified my concerns. Thanks for sharing. ;)

(Disregard by comment about what version of AVAST you use)

Reactions: Alkajak

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Enable UAC, SmartScreen and add Zemana and Malwarebytes as scanners. Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free is also good for browser based exploits. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Before considering anything else enable UAC & Smartscreen!
Please edit your config to reflect that you are using Avast Internet Security

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.