Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013

User friendly anti-screenshot protection without alerts.​

Unique Functionality​

Screen Phantom protects all your private information on your desktop from screenshots. Any screen-recorders, screenshot-makers, monitoring software, or malware that takes screenshots without your knowledge.
All this without HIPS module, easy to use even by inexperienced users.
  • Free updates to new versions within subscription
  • Easy to use, no pop-up alerts
  • Suitable for both personal and business use
  • Fast order processing
It's standalone version of feature of SS with the same name - it was mentioned already here

Application is paid (one year license)

Screen Phantom page

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
one thing i found with screen phantom thats built into SS firewall (12.7) was that it doesnt protect multiple displays, (i have 3 displays) only the primary display gets the protection.
is fine on laptop / surface though.... although it would benefit from a whitelist feature.

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
one thing i found with screen phantom thats built into SS firewall (12.7) was that it doesnt protect multiple displays, (i have 3 displays) only the primary display gets the protection.
is fine on laptop / surface though.... although it would benefit from a whitelist feature.
I'm curious how did you test additional displays and why SPh failed. Job of SPh is based on installed drivers in parent device (e.g. laptop) and every potentialy malicious process can do own job on it only not an additional monitor. I've made some short test using second monitor and:
- while connecting cable of monitor to basic laptop SpyShelter with enabled SPh feature detected new action - registering service/driver

220512091623_1.jpg
- as the effect of making screenshot I've got only black picture what means that SPh is correctly working.
I'm sure that drivers of SPh as feature of SSFW and as standalone apps are the same.

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
I'm curious how did you test additional displays and why SPh failed. Job of SPh is based on installed drivers in parent device (e.g. laptop) and every potentialy malicious process can do own job on it only not an additional monitor. I've made some short test using second monitor and:
- while connecting cable of monitor to basic laptop SpyShelter with enabled SPh feature detected new action - registering service/driver

View attachment 266567
- as the effect of making screenshot I've got only black picture what means that SPh is correctly working.
I'm sure that drivers of SPh as feature of SSFW and as standalone apps are the same.
Hi, here is the result of 3 screens with screen phantom feature enabled....
its a basic intel integrated 530GPU
as you see left & right screens are unprotected, only the primary display is protected
Screenshot 2022-05-12 092946.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: ichito and upnorth

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Hi, here is the result of 3 screens with screen phantom feature enabled....
its a basic intel integrated 530GPU
as you see left & right screens are unprotected, only the primary display is protected
Sorry but it doesn't look as the proof of your opinion. my observatios:
- we can see one display with black screen and two on sides without changes
- black one seems to be protected but we don't know what have hapenned on two others
- no visible aplications that are working and displayed on each of them so no potenatialy source of malicious action that SPh had to block.
In my test on second monitor was displayed and managed FreeCommander used (while test) to make screenshot (that's feature of it) from second monitor - this action was blocked and I've got black screenshot. This was the proof for me.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
uhhm...
3 screens all 3 had a picture open on each, the only reason for this was not show my actual desktop icons etc in the screenshot posted here

launched windows built in snip tool.
center screen is blocked... other 2 are not.
ain't rocket science to see.

even if it did manage to protect all 3 screens... without a whitelist it's pretty useless as I do often use snip for screenshots, so it means manually disabling/enabling the screen phantom tickbox in security settings each time I'd need a screenshot.
so I leave it disabled anyway.... not a feature I use.

it fails to protect multiple displays at least with my intel GPU.

p s you dont even need any application open on any displays, no idea what your talking about "detecting of malicious activity"....
the way it works
any screen capture app should get a black window no matter what app or content is on it... even if no apps are open... if on desktop you should still get a black screen.

Last edited:

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
"Malicious activity" means exactly what means - just taking screenshot. 3th party apps are detected when they try to capture screenshot.
Standalone SPh has exclusion list that allow take screenshot while SPh is enabled...and that's the end of good news.

Bad news - yes, you are right...system tools aren't covered in multiple display mode. I've tested "Prt Scr", Shift+Win+S and Snipping Tool...or I don't know how to do it what is also possible.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.