SE LABS Jan-March 2021

Security Statistics and Reports
9 Replies 3,203 Views
Thread details
Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Zartarra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Forum Veteran
Hello all

SE LABS released their test report from January-March:

1619822881700.png


The full report can be found at: SE Labs - Home Anti-Malware Protection (2021 Q1) - Security test.
 
Yet another test in which Microsoft Defender tops the chart in DEFAULT settings. With ConfigureDefende protection can be set to HIGH making MD even better.

Microsoft Defender is not only making third-party AntiVirus redundant it is also killing the testing industry. With free Microsoft Defender doing so well with so many independent testlabs, the question "Which AV to choose" becomes irrelevant also.
 
Last edited:
Yet another test in which Microsoft Defender tops the chart in DEFAULT settings. With ConfigureDefende protection can be set to HIGH making MD even better.

Microsoft Defender is not only making third-party AntiVirus redundant it is also killing the testing industry. With free Microsoft Defender doing so well with so many independent testlabs, the question "Which AV to choose" becomes irrelevant also.
Not to mention no hacky hooks in processes and very light performance impact for most use cases (unless you move or open folders full of exes).
 
There are fewer and fewer reasons to replace Microsoft Defender on W10 for the home user. So what if the big security companies would market pieces of software to complement MD? I imagine a tool from Kaspersky with System Watcher and Application Control! It's what I'm doing right now when I add Comodo Firewall or Spyshelter or Voodooshield...to MD.
 
There are fewer and fewer reasons to replace Microsoft Defender on W10 for the home user. So what if the big security companies would market pieces of software to complement MD? I imagine a tool from Kaspersky with System Watcher and Application Control! It's what I'm doing right now when I add Comodo Firewall or Spyshelter or Voodooshield...to MD.
Agreed, I just run it with OSArmor.
 
Interesting results. I'm find myself doing some 3rd party playing around with the likes of Comodo but these tests prove MD is getting better and better. There's no need for third party these days really but I still take these wtih a pinch of salt.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top