SecureAPlus APEX Deep Learning beta (Registration is open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikesierra

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
From their web site:
SecureAPlus Beta | Get Early Access to APEX Deep Learning

Anticipate. Prevent. Exterminate.
Malware & Ransomware

APEX is the revolutionary cybersecurity solution that harnesses the power of deep learning to take on the threats of today and tomorrow.
Powered by big and high-quality data, it can effectively spot malicious patterns to efficiently allow for quick decisions based on prior experience while adaptively updating its knowledge against newer malware variants that may potentially appear.
This holistic learning process gives APEX more flexibility than traditional AV solutions.
What's so good about
how APEX Deep Learning works?

Similar to the Universal AV, APEX operates with high-quality and high-volume samples on a daily basis.
  • apex-diag3_1200x600.jpg
  • apex-diag1_1200x600.jpg
  • apex-diag2_1200x600.jpg
  • apex-diag3_1200x600.jpg
  • apex-diag1_1200x600.jpg
Unlike Universal AV, the trained APEX AI is copied over to the client after undergoing multiple rounds of learning in the cloud. This results in incredibly faster scans regardless of internet connectivity.

cyht91

Level 1
Aug 23, 2015
I don't know what it is, but their registration thing is not working. It just keeps me looping through same webpage over and over and over.

Yep, it loops. :ROFLMAO:

I think it only happens after you have registered your interest. So far, it's just registering interest and the team has mentioned that the beta download link is not available yet.

/edit:

When you click "Register for Interest" on the account portal page, it should direct you to "Join APEX Beta Program". From there, just need to agree to their T&Cs and click "Join Beta Program".

After which, you will be able to see that the left sidebar has been updated with "Submit Feedback and Earn Points" and "My Beta Activity". As far as I know, the pre-beta survey is available for beta users to take and can be found at the "Submit Feedback and Earn Points" section.

Last edited:

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
After which, you will be able to see that the left sidebar has been updated with "Submit Feedback and Earn Points" and "My Beta Activity". As far as I know, the pre-beta survey is available for beta users to take and can be found at the "Submit Feedback and Earn Points" section
This is all there, but there is no link to download the beta version. Not officially a link yet?

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
They said you could set APEX as the offline antivirus and yet it only allows you to select ClamAV. Annoying. I want to only use APEX as offline antivirus. Especially since it's beta and I want to test that only and not ClamAV...

Mikesierra

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
Same for me why is clam av still in there? So what are the correct settings to use apex av only ? THks
For now I disabled clamav in my firewall.

Try to disable Universal AV and ClamAV. Then you can use the Explorer context menu and scan malware samples with APEX. I conducted a short test today and even with known malware samples from VXvault the APEX scan didn´t detect them all. Honestly, it´s in beta state but other products declared as beta like MAX gain at least currently better results. Maybe my expectations are too high but when a vendor claims that he´s using state of the art technology to detect malware I expect better results than with legacy AV and signature-based programs.

Just my 2 cents...

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
Honestly, it´s in beta state but other products declared as beta like MAX gain at least currently better results.
That is a useless thing to say. :giggle: Other Devs programming practices are obviously different. Also this is like half a day online. :giggle:
Maybe my expectations are too high but when a vendor claims that he´s using state of the art technology to detect malware I expect better results than with legacy AV and signature-based programs.
Those legacy AVs had more than 30 years to get where they are today. You seriously can't compare them right now. :emoji_grimacing: Give them time to develop it before you draw conclusions. :giggle:
I mean, you wouldn't go to an artist who's drawing a painting that's half finished and tell him he's a bad painter because the painting looks bad. :ROFLMAO::X3:

Reactions: XhenEd

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Ok, they gave us an option to disable ClamAV, by disabling Offline Antivirus entirely (APEX still works regardless). The problem this brings is that when you disable Offline Antivirus, Windows Security Center registers that no antivirus is active and Windows Defender kicks in. So, in the end you're replacing one crappy AV (ClamAV) for another (Windows Defender). And they are both slow as hell. I've reported it through the BETA panel, but gonna drop it here anyway in case they monitor this space more than the BETA reports hehe

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Had to uninstall even though clam av is off it is still running in processes, await a bit until more changed are made ,I do understand that it is beta but I really hate clam av a resource hog and false positives.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Had to uninstall even though clam av is off it is still running in processes, await a bit until more changed are made ,I do understand that it is beta but I really hate clam av a resource hog and false positives.
When you turn clamav off, the process is still running at the background until the machine is rebooted. After reboot, the process should no longer be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.