SecureAPlus APEX Deep Learning beta (Registration is open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Machine was rebooted twice ,one fresh bootup and it was still there ,actually running disk usage and net usage ,but the funny thing is I had it disabled in firewall.

Reactions: AtlBo

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
It's a bit absurd that ClamAV is using 500MB of RAM. Given how basic and crappy it is, this is just outrageous. I don't care on my main PC with 32GB of RAM, but my hybrid netbook only has 2GB and there, it's a problem. The other laptop with 4GB also isn't happy about it all that much although it has some reserve.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Seems like some of you have too high expectations of early APEX Deep Learning, it's still in BETA and needs more in-depth testers feedback to improve.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I really don't understand the design of SecureAPlus. This idiotic meddling with offline antiviruses is idiotic. In 5.0.2 they added option to uninstall ClamAV. But at the end of the day, you're still not running SecureAPlus only because dumb Windows Defender will want to be enabled because it won't be registering any active antivirus because SecureAPlus doesn't register itself as such. If I'd want that, I'd just run Windows Defender then or something. I want bloody SecureAPlus to be one and the only active AV on my system. I'm not sure I'm gonna be testing the beta anymore given their direction and lack of development in that direction.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
At this point of time, we haven't position APEX as primary offline antivirus engine yet. In the future, we may have an option for the user to allow the user to choose whether they want to use APEX as the primary offline antivirus engine. This will take some time for the development, which we can't deliver in this version yet. Thank you very much for all your input and feedback for the improvement of the programs. We will try to accommodate all the positive input as much as possible.

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
1. @sap, If ClamAV is disabled, then real-time scan protection is not working? Check for malicious files. There has never been a reaction when unzip and open the folder with viruses. Only when scanning.
2. Points. "Simply right-click any new executable file that you have downloaded and then select Scan “[Insert Name of File]. " Where are they displayed? In beta activity? I don't see them, but I often scan suspicious files.

Sent the files to the lab. You give a little activity points, plus a long process analysis. From this lost interest in further sending.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
1. If ClamAV is disabled, and the file can be detected by APEX or it has been in our Universal AV black list, there should be a prompting. There is a possibility that there is another third party engine (e.g. Windows Defender) that detect the file, and auto quarantine the file. In this case, you may not see the prompting, because the file has been quarantined before it can perform the scanning. The other potential reason could be the sanotifer.exe crashed. Can you check whether sanotifier.exe is running in the task manager? If it is crashed, can you send us the crash dump file ("Info & Licenses" -> "Diagnosis" -> "Support", tick on "Log Files" & "Application Crash Dump Files", and send to server)?
2) In the SecureAPlus portal, under "Submit Feedback and Earn Points" there is a tracker for the number of files scanned (Total Unique Files Scanned), which is updated daily. Do note that points for beta testers with the most files scanned are only awarded at the end of the beta; more points are awarded if you submit False Negative/False Positive samples via the portal. For more details regarding the points system, please visit Points System for SecureAPlus APEX Beta Testing – SecureAPlus Support Pages

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Is there still an active ofline AV even after uninstalling ClamAV?! Didn't see APEX after removing Clam.

I

illumination

Is there still an active ofline AV even after uninstalling ClamAV?! Didn't see APEX after removing Clam.
It helps to read the thread before posting questions that become redundant quickly for other users and developers to answer. Literally 3 post's above your's...
At this point of time, we haven't position APEX as primary offline antivirus engine yet. In the future, we may have an option for the user to allow the user to choose whether they want to use APEX as the primary offline antivirus engine. This will take some time for the development, which we can't deliver in this version yet. Thank you very much for all your input and feedback for the improvement of the programs. We will try to accommodate all the positive input as much as possible.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
The future AV-AM with AI & MulticloudEng, I like so much the ideas of Secure Aplus I have a various VHD file (wvis,w7,w8,w10) to do several test and if I get to like then would I buy it. I just would like you to create a more corporate and mature graphic environment.
I think that the real challenge of protecting for any antivirus talking about is not over a modern updated OS to gain control for infecting on the test, the true challenge is protecting an old OS like the grandfather XP.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
APEX Beta Stage 2 is out and it's pretty sweet. Now you can register SecureAPlus as an antivirus in Security Center so it takes over as primary antivirus, you can disable ClamAV entirely so you basically run entirely on APEX as offline antivirus and UniversalAV+Whitelisting for online monitoring. APEX also seems to be really fast as it makes no slowdowns like ClamAV or Windows Defender when opening folder with huge amounts of EXE files (like Downloads folder). Oh and APEX now has a sensitivity slider with Low, Medium and High sensitivity. Can't wait to see it tested by someone :)

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
With the new version under auto update for apex and clam versions I have clamav disabled in firewall and in secure will apex still update?

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
With the new version under auto update for apex and clam versions I have clamav disabled in firewall and in secure will apex still update?
Yes, APEX will still do auto update even if ClamAV is disabled.
If you uninstall ClamAV currently there is a minor bug in the UI that reported by one of our user. It will display an error because the updater from clamav cannot be found, but it will proceed to update APEX. We will fix this in the next release.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Hi SAP,
Great to see you guys go one step further with your product.
I did not test this new APEX yet, but I still have some questions regarding the different modules of the app.
It seem more users than me like to use the app in different ways, no clam or just APEX etc.
Would it be difficult for you to fix a menu to choose from during installation?
Lets say I like to use APEX and the universal AV only, could this be possible to implement?

/W

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi Apex working well detects like it should ,just a question should everything.exe be around 70 megs for memory usage? Is that a little high ,I remeber it being no more than 40megs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.