SecureAPlus is Evolving

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems the alert interface screenshot is more to be a cartoon rather on what we should expect a revamp professional look.

Anyway those major components is not really a problem, it needs to be more user friendly.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
New UI is Good feels smooth and clean but they need to improve in other areas rather than UI like reducing no of processes and improving their scan speed etc Otherwise SAP really has potential to beat many others

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Hi All,

We've opened a thread regarding the SecureAPlus Beta here:

The New SecureAPlus - Details & Beta Program

I've shared some of the thoughts the team had in making changes to the new SecureAPlus there. While we can address some of your concerns here, it would be best to continue discussions over that thread as we will be posting new updates for the Beta Program there.

And for those interested in the Beta, you can register at the Beta Interest Page.

Many thanks to Av Gurus for highlighting the Beta here since our announcement to our users yesterday.

Reactions: arslan ejaz

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Cool looking UI. I really like SecureAPlus, fair product with good protection. What I'm expecting from them is a firewall, but the UI and some protection improvements is the first step I believe.

Looking good, I like software that has a bit of eye-candy.

We're glad you liked it. It's a work in progress so there is still room for improvement.

@Alex BK - SecureAPlus works with most security software including a firewall that you may already like. We can keep the idea of a Firewall in view however and we may implement this when we can fill a gap in its implementation similar to how we combined App Whitelisting with Multiple AVs.

Too many pictures and colors, looks a bit distracting imo.

The coloring in the main UI is quite good, but regarding the notifications it seems a little bit childish.
I understand however their effort to make application whitelisting more approachable to typical users. Great program all around and I hope they improve a lot more.

@Enju & @OneDay - The sample notification given is there to highlight the most number of color combinations possible, and this shouldn't be a common case. You'd typically see notifications that are dominantly green or red once we apply the improvements.

It could be much better but anyway Changes are good

Seems the alert interface screenshot is more to be a cartoon rather on what we should expect a revamp professional look.

Anyway those major components is not really a problem, it needs to be more user friendly.

@sinu & @jamescv7 - We'd be very much open to know what you think can improve this. As for whether it's professional enough, we believe this is a matter of taste. What we intended was to make our UI less intimidating but just as accessible.

Use secureaplus for along time now and the new ui is a big improvment for me. nice job there i like it. Hope i can test the beta soon in a vm.

is it stable enough to run on my main machine

Anyone know a time when the public beta comes out?

We have not finalized the date on when the Beta is coming out. Register your interest to know first hand once we do make the announcement. What I can tell you is that we are targeting the beta to be out within the year.

New UI is Good feels smooth and clean but they need to improve in other areas rather than UI like reducing no of processes and improving their scan speed etc Otherwise SAP really has potential to beat many others

The changes are certainly more than just cosmetic. Along with then ew UI we are also making additional changes such as added features and of course under-the-hood optimization as well. We're glad that you believe in our potential and we hope we meet those expectations.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
@Enju & @OneDay - The sample notification given is there to highlight the most number of color combinations possible, and this shouldn't be a common case. You'd typically see notifications that are dominantly green or red once we apply the improvements.
Have you thought about skins? Like a minimalistic one, colorful, standard, colorblind (blue/yellow, red/green) and so on. I think a lot of people would appreciate that!

Reactions: Av Gurus

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Have you thought about skins? Like a minimalistic one, colorful, standard, colorblind (blue/yellow, red/green) and so on. I think a lot of people would appreciate that!

This is a good suggestion and definitely something we've had in mind for SecureAPlus for some time to widen it's appeal. It's good feedback and it's honestly something we'd like to hear more about on whether this is something both casual and advanced users can appreciate.

What Antivirus Engines SecureAPlus is Using?

Universal AV's engines are AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, Clamwin, Emsisoft, Eset, McAfee, Microsoft Security Essentials, AhnLab, Quick Heal, Sophos, and Total Defense. The offline AV is ClamAV.

Reactions: Av Gurus and Enju

Odysseas Magas

Level 2
Verified
Feb 8, 2015
This is a good suggestion and definitely something we've had in mind for SecureAPlus for some time to widen it's appeal. It's good feedback and it's honestly something we'd like to hear more about on whether this is something both casual and advanced users can appreciate.

Universal AV's engines are AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, Clamwin, Emsisoft, Eset, McAfee, Microsoft Security Essentials, AhnLab, Quick Heal, Sophos, and Total Defense. The offline AV is ClamAV.
Thanks...

L

LabZero

SecureAPlus 3.4.2 release notes:

Bugs Fixed
  • When there is no offline AV, the real-time scanning does not work properly.
Enhancements:
  • Change text for initial full system scan to 'The initial full system scan performs faster while this PC is idle'.
What's New:
  • Add Microsoft Edge into restricted application list.
    Silent Mode. To switch to silent mode, right click on SecureAPlus tray icon, and select silent mode from the context menu.
Download: SecureAPlus 3.4.2 | 94.6 MB (Freemium)
View: SecureAPlus Home Page

Source neowin.net

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Hi Everyone!

I am pleased to inform you that today, we are officially starting the SecureAPlus Beta.

For more information, the full announcement can be found below:
SecureAPlus Beta Announcement Page

If you have not created a SecureAPlus Account yet, you can sign up for the Beta here:

Beta Account Sign Up (New User)

For existing SecureAPlus Accounts,

Beta Account Conversion

For those interested, the first round of testing will have a few considerations in mind which can be found in the following page:
SecureAplus Beta Testing Considerations

Do note that we also grant points about bug reports and suggestions posted on Malware Tips. Simply submit the URL of the post/thread from your Beta Account Portal.

We look forward to receiving all your feedback and also stay tuned for updates!

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Hi Everyone,

The latest version of the SecureAPlus Beta (4.1.3) is now available to Beta Testers.

This versions comes with fixes and tweaks based on some of the feedback provided during Round 1 Testing and officially kicks off the start of Round 2 Testing.

The biggest change is the inclusion of the new color coded Application Whitelisting notifications for easily deciphering and deciding on the correct course of action when SecureAPlus blocks a potential threat.

You can now also directly act against blocked threats that have been already identified by Universal AV (and VirusTotal) from the prompt itself.

Check out the Full Announcement and do participate in the Latest Survey to provide us with feedback to help improve SecureAPlus.

D

Deleted member 178

the product seems good, but the UI really discourage me to use it...it would be nice that you integrate a skin choice option and add some more "neutral" skins.

D

Deleted member 178

21rUCmx.png

1- not needed , you have it just above in the banner.
2- too big and not really needed.
3- icons not needed, a slider would be better (like in Appguard).
4- way too big icons.
5- not needed.
6- too big.

by redesigning the UI in a more "professional" way, you would gain more space for displaying useful infos.

0ColX4R.png

1- totally necessary and childish
2- not understandable, i would prefer a simple text button

Now those comments are just MY point of view, and of course, it is YOUR product; but just imagine you want develop your product to reach corporate users, i worry most IT won't use it because the UI; imagine they have to demo it to the CEO , what you think the CEO would say when seeing all those fancy design...

Dont want to be harsh, your product have a real future but you should really consider making an opt-in alternative UI.

I wish @Littlebits still be here; he helped to the design of Emsisoft IS/AM. he would help you with some advices.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
0ColX4R.png

Now those comments are just MY point of view, and of course, it is YOUR product; but just imagine you want develop your product to reach corporate users, i worry most IT won't use it because the UI; imagine they have to demo it to the CEO , what you think the CEO would say when seeing all those fancy design...

Dont want to be harsh, your product have a real future but you should really consider making an opt-in alternative UI

Point 2: Totally hit the nail. Initially I was using SecureAplus, and having the same problem with the UI. I have no idea what does the icon means.

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
the product seems good, but the UI really discourage me to use it...it would be nice that you integrate a skin choice option and add some more "neutral" skins.
Your suggestion to integrate an option for skins or themes is duly noted and is definitely something that we are considering from the very beginning.

21rUCmx.png

1- not needed , you have it just above in the banner.
2- too big and not really needed.
3- icons not needed, a slider would be better (like in Appguard).
4- way too big icons.
5- not needed.
6- too big.

by redesigning the UI in a more "professional" way, you would gain more space for displaying useful infos.

0ColX4R.png

Dont want to be harsh, your product have a real future but you should really consider making an opt-in alternative UI.

I wish @Littlebits still be here; he helped to the design of Emsisoft IS/AM. he would help you with some advices.

Your suggestions are also much appreciated, especially the placement and sizes of the elements of the UI. While the home screen is very close to where we want most of things, some of the things you pointed out can still be improved.

Point #2 on your comments with the Whitelisting Notifications is addressed in the actual released beta. Quarantine, Delete, Continue Blocking, and Unblock & Trust are all clearly labeled on each of the actionable items.

The overall direction of the art style for now is geared towards making this less intimidating and more accessible. Though we definitely get where your going when it comes to pitching this to corporate users so a more neutral-corporate skin/theme is definitely in order.

And don't worry about sounding harsh, to it's still feedback and it's much appreciated.

I'm of the same opinion as Umbra, jamescv7, etc. Good product, but the UI is one of the worst I've seen.

It's unfortunate that you feel that way but to each his/her own. There are still improvements to be made and as mentioned above, the current art-style represents our current approach and options might be available in the future to suit your tastes. Please feel free to point out the elements that are bugging you the most.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

Your suggestion to integrate an option for skins or themes is duly noted and is definitely something that we are considering from the very beginning.

very good :)

Your suggestions are also much appreciated, especially the placement and sizes of the elements of the UI. While the home screen is very close to where we want most of things, some of the things you pointed out can still be improved.

good to hear

Point #2 on your comments with the Whitelisting Notifications is addressed in the actual released beta. Quarantine, Delete, Continue Blocking, and Unblock & Trust are all clearly labeled on each of the actionable items.

excellent, that is surely the main design issue you had, good to know it will be resolved.

The overall direction of the art style for now is geared towards making this less intimidating and more accessible. Though we definitely get where your going when it comes to pitching this to corporate users so a more neutral-corporate skin/theme is definitely in order.

corporate ITs barely care about the design but rather of the functionalities; if you see Symantec EP and others, etc..the UI is almost deprived of everything (we can sau "ugly" :p ), of course i dont ask you to go to the same lenght ; but a compromise will surely better received.

And don't worry about sounding harsh, to it's still feedback and it's much appreciated.

thanks ;)

i will register to your beta section, your product is promising, while waiting the next release.

N

NOLF92

It's unfortunate that you feel that way but to each his/her own. There are still improvements to be made and as mentioned above, the current art-style represents our current approach and options might be available in the future to suit your tastes. Please feel free to point out the elements that are bugging you the most.

Well then, I was going by your older design when I had originally downloaded it. After reinstalling as a test, the layout has been much improved. I still don't like the color scheme, but I get it, every product has to have its own flair. The scanner itself I have no complaints with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.