Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
All these products have among the highest malware detection rates on the market. So in most cases they will protect you well.
But what distinguishes them?
We have most of well known names here, honorable mention would go also for :

Auslogics Antivirus
IObit Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013
Hauri (ViRobot)
Imen,
Immunet,
MultiCore Antivirus
RadialPoint
Roboscan Internet Security,
SafeNSoft,
SecurityCoverage,
SourceNext,
VirusChaser,
Zenok.​

Last edited:
Reactions: usmangujjar

ImtheBest

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Ok I want to know how some of u guys think Bitdefenders engines are used in other AV's. How do u Know!. Do u work for them are u an engineer for them and take there product elsewhere LOL I highly doubt they use an engine from another company if this was so they'd have lawsuit on there hands. BELIEVE what u want. Its as saying a TWIX TASTE THE SAME AS SNEAKERS lmao

I BELIEVE EVERY SOFTWARE IS DIFFERENT
AND USES THERE OWN ENGINES
:D

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Ok I want to know how some of u guys think Bitdefenders engines are used in other AV's. How do u Know!. Do u work for them are u an engineer for them and take there product elsewhere LOL I highly doubt they use an engine from another company if this was so they'd have lawsuit on there hands. BELIEVE what u want. Its as saying a TWIX TASTE THE SAME AS SNEAKERS lmao

I BELIEVE EVERY SOFTWARE IS DIFFERENT
AND USES THERE OWN ENGINES
:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitdefender
There are many, and Bitdefender is not the only one sharing the infrastructure of their engine, there are more companies out there that export their technology.
And one of the reasons we know is because some of us work in the industry (That includes myself) Besides that its being made public by the vendors themself in the media and on their sites as well as respected magazines.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Z40BmSW.jpg

Neiltullio

Level 2
Verified
Dec 25, 2013
@n.nvt:
LOL. Man, YOU have no idea what you are talking about.
First you said Emsi is not small company and GData are newcomers. I already show how wrong were you.. But it seems you want more. Ok.

Size of comany doesn't matter for you ?
Creating and improving PE emulator, dedicated unpackers for packers and installers, dealing with virus cleaning, working with script languages, supporting various formats (to name only RTF, PDF, WMV, DOC), building internal infrastructure (sample storage, cloud), adding support for changes made in SPs and new Windows versions, even making nice GUI, and last not least adding detection for 1000's of new threats every day.. It requires high skill people. Many people.
That's why I say Emsisoft is ATM too small to make their own AV without help from 3th party engine. Clear enough?

Another thing is your understanding of Emsisoft influence on AV industry. Sorry, but uhmm.. it is pure nonsense. I have no idea what is the source of such revelation. IMHO Emsi influence on security industry is close to zero. They have experts (Fabian Wosar came to my mind, I really respect this guys) but your vision is like Emsi is the one who rules the world. Well. I don't think so ;)

@exterminator20 @n.nvt :
ZERT is worth mentioning, it seems that it was really interesting initative, thanks for the info (however I couldn't link anyone mentioned here with Emsisoft).

PS.
The November 2000 VB results mean absolutely nothing 5 days from 2014.
It means that GData product WAS tested by VB more than 13 years ago. Naming them "new kid on the block" is.. you know ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I wonder why Bitdefender isn't the most used antivirus in the world.
- Top detection rates
- Freely available
- Engine used by many products
- Various BD giveaways

Neiltullio

Level 2
Verified
Dec 25, 2013
@Earth
It's hard to win with Microsoft ;)
And seriously - various people have various needs. Seems that most of them want something else or they don't know yet they want BD.
Maybe BD is overrated.
Anyway, the more engines on the market the more problems for bad guys to hide.

D

Deleted member 178

I wonder why Bitdefender isn't the most used antivirus in the world.
- Top detection rates
- Freely available
- Engine used by many products
- Various BD giveaways

because their own suite is so buggy ^^ (leading to point 2 & 4) so even some companies do better than them (point 3) and because people dont believe its detection rate and prefer Panda and its 100% detection rate !

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Another thing is your understanding of Emsisoft influence on AV industry. Sorry, but uhmm.. it is pure nonsense. I have no idea what is the source of such revelation. IMHO Emsi influence on security industry is close to zero. They have experts (Fabian Wosar came to my mind, I really respect this guys) but your vision is like Emsi is the one who rules the world. Well. I don't think so ;)

@exterminator20 @n.nvt :
ZERT is worth mentioning, it seems that it was really interesting initative, thanks for the info (however I couldn't link anyone mentioned here with Emsisoft).

PS.

It means that GData product WAS tested by VB more than 13 years ago. Naming them "new kid on the block" is.. you know ;)

You are obviously not a Emsisoft Fan.My facts are not based on personal opinion.I use other solutions than Emsisoft on multiple PC's with different configurations and dual booted with different operating systems.That is what I find works best for me on my systems.I am not criticizing you at all as you are entitled to your opinion,which was pretty much the basis behind what started out to be a bit of a different and interesting poll.It's a poll,people vote and some explain their choice.Nobody here who commented on Emsisoft claimed that "Emsi is the one who rules the world".However this has become a train wreck,people can't go on quoting other members and flat out telling them they are wrong or stupid.Furthermore it is not in the interest of a forum community for members to force their opinions on the boards.It is to the point now where a little humor is needed and everyone take a deep breath or just close the thread.

As far as the VB results,well I take them with a grain of salt.That is my personal opinion and one I am entitled to,it doesn't mean I am right or wrong.If I may,here is an example of why I take this opinion

1bDWsXT.png

Just my own opinion,doesn't require a reply as it won't change my mind

Neiltullio

Level 2
Verified
Dec 25, 2013
In fact, I really appreciate Emsisoft work. In my opinion it is good company taking care about their clients and trying to make good product, not only sell "something". And I have heard many good opinions about them.
But it doesn't mean I have to agree with all untrue statements made by their fans :)

PS. About VB - I mentioned it only as a reference of some fact ("GData is long time on the market"). Test results are totally different topic :D

Neiltullio

Level 2
Verified
Dec 25, 2013
If the company using the same engine then how they differ in performance ? :p
This is good question. I think it mostly depends on additional code describing logic of scanning. BD gives other developers function(s) to invoke to scan for malicious code.
Now the funny part begin. How developers will use it, when they will call BD functions, on which events, how they will cache results in the system, how they will whitelist files to not scan clean files, what is performance of other components they use - I think it makes the difference.

ImtheBest

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitdefender
There are many, and Bitdefender is not the only one sharing the infrastructure of their engine, there are more companies out there that export their technology.
And one of the reasons we know is because some of us work in the industry (That includes myself) Besides that its being made public by the vendors themself in the media and on their sites as well as respected magazines.

O WOW nice never new about that thanks Interesting to know :D
Thanks again n.nvt

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.