Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
All these products have among the highest malware detection rates on the market. So in most cases they will protect you well.
But what distinguishes them?
We have most of well known names here, honorable mention would go also for :

Auslogics Antivirus
IObit Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013
Hauri (ViRobot)
Imen,
Immunet,
MultiCore Antivirus
RadialPoint
Roboscan Internet Security,
SafeNSoft,
SecurityCoverage,
SourceNext,
VirusChaser,
Zenok.​

Last edited:
Reactions: usmangujjar

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
:)

I use Emsisoft Anti-Malware,because of their

> Great Customer Support! Hand Down!
> Make additional tools for removal of mal-ware/spyware/trojan!
> So you can manually remove threats from the system. HiJackFree is one of the tools of the trade.
> Features the complete dual-scanner technology of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, with 10 million signatures for all types of online threats.
> Guaranteed: Custom mal-ware removal help for hard to remove infections.
> Emsisoft Anti-Malware default setting = top notch BB + top notch HIPS.

Moose :cool:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
@n.nvt:
LOL. Man, YOU have no idea what you are talking about.
First you said Emsi is not small company and GData are newcomers. I already show how wrong were you.. But it seems you want more. Ok.

Size of comany doesn't matter for you ?
Creating and improving PE emulator, dedicated unpackers for packers and installers, dealing with virus cleaning, working with script languages, supporting various formats (to name only RTF, PDF, WMV, DOC), building internal infrastructure (sample storage, cloud), adding support for changes made in SPs and new Windows versions, even making nice GUI, and last not least adding detection for 1000's of new threats every day.. It requires high skill people. Many people.
That's why I say Emsisoft is ATM too small to make their own AV without help from 3th party engine. Clear enough?

Another thing is your understanding of Emsisoft influence on AV industry. Sorry, but uhmm.. it is pure nonsense. I have no idea what is the source of such revelation. IMHO Emsi influence on security industry is close to zero. They have experts (Fabian Wosar came to my mind, I really respect this guys) but your vision is like Emsi is the one who rules the world. Well. I don't think so ;)

@exterminator20 @n.nvt :
ZERT is worth mentioning, it seems that it was really interesting initative, thanks for the info (however I couldn't link anyone mentioned here with Emsisoft).

PS.

It means that GData product WAS tested by VB more than 13 years ago. Naming them "new kid on the block" is.. you know ;)

Well it seems you want this topic to go into a pissing contest, fine lets do it on a civil way then.
Emisoft has developed a in-house engine, and they added a Bitdefender based engine to compliment it, mainly because their own engine is specialized for different and more difficult types of malwares.
The success of Emsisoft Anti-Malware is based on the use of three security layers
working together in perfect harmony; the award winning dual-engine file guard, the
behavior analysis being developed in-house since 2003, and a modern surf protection
component preventing access to known malicious websites.

Size of comany doesn't matter for you ?
Creating and improving PE emulator, dedicated unpackers for packers and installers, dealing with virus cleaning, working with script languages, supporting various formats (to name only RTF, PDF, WMV, DOC), building internal infrastructure (sample storage, cloud), adding support for changes made in SPs and new Windows versions, even making nice GUI, and last not least adding detection for 1000's of new threats every day.. It requires high skill people. Many people.
That's why I say Emsisoft is ATM too small to make their own AV without help from 3th party engine. Clear enough?
So that torpedoes everything you just said in the above quote. On top of that they do not have freelancers, and no contractors working for them right? Sure whatever.

First you said Emsi is not small company and GData are newcomers. I already show how wrong were you.. But it seems you want more. Ok.
Company age does not mean a thing, its al about how mature their solutions are. And no offense but Gdata is great but in terms of mature solutions they are a new kid on the block. They just got their own in-house engine as they always used avast and Bd.
Emisoft has been running a own engine for years now.

Another thing is your understanding of Emsisoft influence on AV industry. Sorry, but uhmm.. it is pure nonsense. I have no idea what is the source of such revelation. IMHO Emsi influence on security industry is close to zero. They have experts (Fabian Wosar came to my mind, I really respect this guys) but your vision is like Emsi is the one who rules the world. Well. I don't think so
What a sensational comment, really
None said they rule the world, i said they are part of a international coalition where each one does pool their resources.
And Emisoft does have a very respected status within this group, specificity because of their Zero Day technology, which directly means that in outbreak situations they will be a part of the team to find a cure against it.
Honestly i could not care about the fact that you THINK that their influence is close to zero, the facts are different as i have shown multiple times.
In the INFOSEC Industry they play a huge role, due to their technology and innovation. They are part of a worldwide coalition to fight zero day malware, and they partner up with other software giants.

Is that enough pissing contest for you? otherwise you might wanna call:

Thomas Günther
PR Manager of Emisoft.
Tel: +49 180 590066 3
Fax: +43 6235 20053

Because you seem to have your head so far up your...*bleep* that even he will have a hard time telling you FACTS.

Reactions: ImtheBest

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
:)

I use Emsisoft Anti-Malware,because of their

> Great Customer Support! Hand Down!
> Make additional tools for removal of mal-ware/spyware/trojan!
> So you can manually remove threats from the system. HiJackFree is one of the tools of the trade.
> Features the complete dual-scanner technology of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, with 10 million signatures for all types of online threats.
> Guaranteed: Custom mal-ware removal help for hard to remove infections.
> Emsisoft Anti-Malware default setting = top notch BB + top notch HIPS.

Moose :cool:

I totally with all these points, but I feel Emsisoft should dump the BitDefender engine for favor of Kaspersky, Avira or Avast.
Emsisoft probably only went with BitDefender because it had the best results on AV testing sites but if they researched the complete pictures they would have found that BitDefender falls short on everything else. When they used Ikarus AV engine, they starting falling VB100's because of Ikarus outrageous false positives which was a mess to deal with but the detection was just as good. Now they switched to BitDefender and still have to deal with the issue of high false positives, BitDefender has recently got worse with false positives. Emisisoft is good with removing false positive detections unlike BitDefender for some reason either wants to keep these false detections or since their support is so bad, doesn't want to bother with correcting errors. So now Emsisoft is busy whitelising false detections from BitDefender engine.

You can check many safe files with VirusTotal and sometimes the only engine that detects threats is BitDefender, so I'm starting to believe BitDefender has got worse than Ikarus with false positive detections. Most users don't know how to tell the difference between real malware and false positives and maybe the people running these AV testing sites can't tell the difference either which would make BitDefender appear to have the best detection.

I have reported false positives to both Emsisoft and BitDefender, go back a few weeks later and Emsisoft has removed the detections but BitDefender hasn't removed them.

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.