novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
For now...
Bitdefender - buggy, cutoff my network drives, I need to add exception,
Avira - so heavy and weak dynamic protection
Kaspersky - personally I have no problem but its FW bypass posted here in MT just makes me feel insecure, until it's fixed I'm not going back
I hope it's solved in the future, I like them all though

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over-and-over, but expecting a different result.

Bugs that affect usability and security that never get fixed - but users hope they are fixed with each next release...

K

KGBagent47

I think the products change to much year to year to write one off forever. That being said Avast left a nasty taste in my mouth when they released a faulty program update and their general bombardment of false positives.

Also Malwarebytes premium web protection started causing frequent BSODs for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Well, reading the posts, several different products are mentioned and this means that considering the timeline, many of the products have disappointed for different reasons.
I agree with @Yash Khan.
"Never say never...You never know"

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
IOBIT: slow down your computer, install some shady extensions, also it can harm your system's files.
Panda: bad detection rate and when you uninstall their S/W it leaves a lot of traces and processes running.
Sophos: same than Panda, plus it slow downs the machine and it's too complicated.
Ad-Aware: no web protection, slow as molasses in January, also their WebProtection (it can't block anything) install as adware.
TuneUP (Now included in AVG): it literally kills your PC.
McAfee: everything can protect your PC better than this.
Comodo: Sloooow, poorest signatures in the market and too many popups asking you if you want to run an program or not.
Norton: The free trial included on your laptop has been expired, I decided to make a clean Windows Install :D
ESET: falses positives and high system impact.
SpyHunter: it's better to have a virus on your PC than this.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.