App Review SentinelOne Endpoint 2024

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
SentinelOne is an antivirus specially designed for businesses.
It offers an NGAV (Next-gen) solution based on AI Machine Learning and some defenses via rules that can be defined.
In this test, I only activated one setting that I felt was necessary.

Let's analyze it together.

User interface :

The agent interface is quite clear. It is managed (as for DeepInstinct) by an administration console.
The latter is quite comprehensive, but can be a little archaic on many settings.

Web protection: 10/10

SentinelOne blocks all executions of downloaded files.
Problem: it doesn't display detection alerts...

Fake crack : 1/1

SentinelOne blocked the launch of the fake crack. It was unable to drop its malware.

Malware Pack : Remaining 14 out of 667 threats.

SentinelOne boasts a good detection score and has improved significantly.
It finally managed to fight off malicious script attacks - I must admit I was very surprised!
Ransomware (Renemeer) tried to attack the files, but SentinelOne managed to thwart the encryption attempt...
Congratulations!

Final scan :

Autoruns : 0 malicious keys
NPE : 0
KVRT: Blocked by SentinelOne... false positive
Emsisoft : 1 (the other files come from SentinelOne's quarantine)
Malwarebytes : 4

Final opinion:

After a very disappointing 2023 version, SentinelOne has made the effort!
The software is much lighter than before, and detection is much improved.
A good challenger to DeepInstinct, it's highly recommendable!

@ShenguiTurmi request

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for your detailed review of SentinelOne Endpoint 2024! It's great to see that the software has made significant improvements from the previous version in terms of lighter software and better detection. It seems like a strong contender in the field of business antivirus solutions. Keep us updated on its performance.

• Thanks
Reactions: Shadowra

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Last edited:

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I wonder if the home version has the same interface? There's an impressive amount of settings.
I dont think that it's actually a real "home" version or a redesigned client. I simply think the reseller sells a single license of the EDR which many other resellers don't. Most endpoint security products are sold to a minimum of 5 to 10 devices or so.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.