Macrium Reflect

sepik

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Here is my conf:
Zonealarm Pro (because of its own firewall driver, early boot firewall protection is good, making stupid wfp based firewall useless)
GData AV: Inhouse AV and great BB with Bitdefender signatures
SpyShelter Premium: HIPS and Keylogging protection
Hitman Pro Alert: keylogger protection disabled
CPU time 1-2% is good.
-sepik

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@sepik: please kindly specify in "Real-time Web & Malware Protection" which 3rd party products do You have installed for resident + firewall protection.

If You have all those products ZoneAlarm FireWall + GData AV + SpyShelter HIPS + HitManPro. Alter... that's a crazy config :)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I have to say this config is way too overly complicated and overkill for what you need. I would stick to one realtime product (AV wise), one firewall if you need it and a VPN w/ 1-3 on demand scanners. That should be sufficient for yourself. However it is your choice, no one's forcing you to change, only advise.

~LDogg

sepik

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Here is my new, still testing combo:
AV: Symantec Endpoint Protection
-firewall disabled
Firewall: Zonealarm Pro
HIPS and Keyloggin protection: Spyshelter Premium
Ramsoware protection: HMPA Alert, only anti-ransomware module and process hollowing enabled
OS Armor: blocking wscript, powershelll etc

Runs like a wind, no slow downs. Memory usage and i/o writes are low(good for ssd).
Passed Atelier Firewall test 5-6. Comodo firewall failed, fortknox firewall failed but ZA Pro passed.
-sepik

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.