Solved Seven instances of Chromium courtesy of The "Chromium Authors"

Lady G

New Member
So every time I boot up now I noticed my start window looks strange. It's like a blank "Yahoo" page where normally my yahoo page is populated. I close it, click on the chrome icon and my normal start page comes up. I went in to Internet Options and noticed the start page has been changed so I changed it back and applied and ok'd but when I boot up the blank yahoo page comes up. I attached a screen shot of my task manager start up page showing the Chromium. Can you please help me get rid of it and show me how to check for anything else I might need to check for? Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • Chromium issue.PNG
    Chromium issue.PNG
    54.5 KB · Views: 24
Helllo,

My name is Argus and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Before we begin, please note the following:
  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not be able to help you if you do not follow my instructions.






FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​
Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
The last few days have been nuts, I really haven't been on
but when I boot up now the right page comes up. I won't
really be on for a few more days but when I do I will keep
a look out but so far so good. Nothing weird has been coming
up. Thanks!

Have an Awesomely Blessed Weekend.
 
The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:


Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top