Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
....just when it looked like the product had been abandoned by the developer.

I re-posted a link to get a free copy in the Giveaways section a while back. Its supposed to update to the latest version I think.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Why did the download page still says it's v1.5.0.726?

Even the download file says it's 1.5.0.726

1596435974585.png

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Hi,
The old setup package cannot run on Windows XP and Windows 2003. and when download it by IE, a smartscreen warning will be shown on some computers. so I repackaged the setup file but the warning remained. and there is a very odd thing that I renamed it from SD1.5.0.726_Setup.exe to Setup.exe then downloaded it again, the smartscreen warning disappeared.
There is not any function difference between the 3 setup packages. you can use any of them on your computer if it can be installed.
Best regards,
Tony
https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/the-unofficial-shadow-defender-support-thread.293075/page-241#post-2937619

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Its a paid for product. But check to see if this still works.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I see. I have a lifetime license but it does not state "Licensed to" or "Registered to" anywhere in the settings, about menu and help section so I wondered if it became free. I don't remember how it was in older versions so I don't know if it always acted like that. I just downloaded again and reinstalled to see if its some bug but its still the same so thats just probably how it behaves after registering?

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I see. I have a lifetime license but it does not state "Licensed to" or "Registered to" anywhere in the settings, about menu and help section so I wondered if it became free. I don't remember how it was in older versions so I don't know if it always acted like that. I just downloaded again and reinstalled to see if its some bug but its still the same so thats just probably how it behaves after registering?
Of course, I got your point now, on your first post there wasn't clear to me what you meant...

I have also for long time my lifetime-license, I believe that on GUI => about-menu, there never been written anything like Licensed/Registered.
But as free version within trial for 30 days, there is visible a button to register on top right corner, screenshot below:

GUI.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.