Question Shadow Defender is a dead product now?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
I don't know if he's already dead :).
I have a lifetime license (without updating).
As far as I know the updates are not very frequent in it I wonder whether to stay with Shadow Defender or Sandboxie Plus to install (this one is updating)

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
There's another, older thread on this...maybe it's been read already?

It would be hard to imagine that anything's fundamentally changed, except for Windows 11. I don't use this software but here are some replies posted by others:

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

Is shadow defender a dead product now? Last update was on 2020.
From the inception of Shadow Defender, the publisher (1 man with problems living in a smaller Chinese city) rarely makes updates to it.

If you want details go over to Wilderssecurity and ask the Shadow Defender thread owner who is considered the "unofficial" Shadow Defender support and connection to the app developer in China.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I have compiled a list if fixes over the years for Shadow Defender that I am going to post here and at Wilders later today!!!
Some came from Tony when he was still answering support questions and others, I struggled to fix myself. The latest one is check disk and BSODs on Windows 11

Stay Tuned!!!!!

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Still rock solid because like other non-signature apps SD doesn't need constant updates. Someone called it "the best piece of code ever created" what is still the truth. If you know a bit more about SD check this topic please.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Used Shadow for some years, I've never had an issue with it, now on windows 11 - The only problems I've actually had are when I've forgotten Shadow was still running & wondered why changes I've made to PC have haven't stuck :):) - It's difficult to tell when SD is running it really is that good

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
Someone called it "the best piece of code ever created" what is still the truth.
Fabulous, thanks for that @ichito
Used Shadow for some years, I've never had an issue with it, now on windows 11
Me too, using it now for many years (y)
The only problems I've actually had are when I've forgotten Shadow was still running & wondered why changes I've made to PC have haven't stuck
ROFL :ROFLMAO:
I created a new thread for my fix list.
Great, gonna check that out!

So it seems that SD is a solid piece of software that just does the job and does it very well. Maybe no longer maintained, but still going strong (enough)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.